Mods posting

To leave a thread in the wrong category is no "boo-boo" any of us mods would need to apologise for. I don't. I sometimes DELIBERATELY don't move threads you pushed the alert button for. But it is nice to know we have members who know how the forum should work. Thank you for being so much on the alert.
But I feel this is not a preschool room where we, as the mods, need to do all the tidying up when the playgroups end and the kids go home.

On the sites I mod on, it is the users responsibility to properly locate threads, unless otherwise asked I don't relocate threads at all, all I do is closeures and deleting of impatient button bashing threads and sometimes removal of inappropriate material. Responsable forum goers should by default be able to read the forum descriptions and accurately decide if it's appropriate for their post. That said there have been occations where locations are deemed appropriate for their threads for reasons that are not readily noticable. There is no reason to relocate something to later find why it was supposed be there, only to move it back.

To leave a thread in the wrong category is no "boo-boo" any of us mods would need to apologise for. I don't. I sometimes DELIBERATELY don't move threads you pushed the alert button for. But it is nice to know we have members who know how the forum should work. Thank you for being so much on the alert.
But I feel this is not a preschool room where we, as the mods, need to do all the tidying up when the playgroups end and the kids go home.

Human nature says differently. If you let one person draw on the walls, others will follow. I'd like to know your reasoning for DELIBERATELY not moving a file you've been notified about that's in the wrong place.

On the sites I mod on, it is the users responsibility to properly locate threads, unless otherwise asked I don't relocate threads at all, all I do is closeures and deleting of impatient button bashing threads and sometimes removal of inappropriate material. Responsable forum goers should by default be able to read the forum descriptions and accurately decide if it's appropriate for their post. That said there have been occations where locations are deemed appropriate for their threads for reasons that are not readily noticable. There is no reason to relocate something to later find why it was supposed be there, only to move it back.

We must frequent entirely different sites. All the sites I have been on have had incorrectly placed threads moved by the mods. One site currently has 5 moderators and they manage just fine under following stats: Total Members: 117,086. Total Topics: 155,365. Total Posts 1,832,001, Active Users in the Past 24 Hours: 725

Out of curiosity, I took a look at the note on the 'Reported Post' page - it reads as follows:

"Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts."

This might be considered semantics, but it doesn't say anything about reporting posts in the wrong forum. As it happens, sometimes I will move posts to help TPF along, but as a Spam Cop, that really isn't part of the remit. Like Corinna, sometimes I'll respond to 'Reported Posts' of this nature and other times I won't - it really depends on what other calls I have on my time at that particular moment and a response cannot be guaranteed.

still i do not want to be a mod.

i am not even a subscriber since i cannot find a subscribe button :lmao:

then look harder Alex as your missing all my rude jokes and Ferny's rude word association game let alone all the other wonderful stuff ;-)

I seem to remember that LP is paid alot (strange spelling on my side sometimes :lmao: .. I like it the olde way) for every bit of spam he removes.

thats only because I have photos of the mods they don't want me to post :lol: or maybe I was making up stories ;)

Reading what is requested from the mods in here, If I was a mod, I would give up being one right today! :p

Sorry, but these people have work to do outside the forum, so they cannot be blamed if they not always see everything.

then look harder Alex as your missing all my rude jokes and Ferny's rude word association game let alone all the other wonderful stuff ;-)

thats only because I have photos of the mods they don't want me to post :lol: or maybe I was making up stories ;)

Hmmm... i will continue looking for that button :) ;)

Maybe I can make money then as well ..

Is this the kind of button you were looking for Alex?

I'm guessing I may have to remove that...

Hmm, not sure, do you mean it represents my attitude, or do you see it more as some advice I need? :p

awwww.... ok ... thanks ... stupid me ;)

We must frequent entirely different sites. All the sites I have been on have had incorrectly placed threads moved by the mods. One site currently has 5 moderators and they manage just fine under following stats: Total Members: 117,086. Total Topics: 155,365. Total Posts 1,832,001, Active Users in the Past 24 Hours: 725

This is true, Photo-Lucitidy is just dead at the moment and does not moderation :(

Fan-Art central, has a considerably smaller userbase (only 86200, users with 290428 posts) but nintysome odd percent of the time the users get it right on their own, Rarely does a thread get moved. The majority of these users are pre-teens to boot.

I have been on the internet since before it had images. I've been admin, system admin, global mod, mod, and member. If I had a nickel for everytime a mod issue came up that the "we have lives" card came up, I'd be able to buy Bill Gates' summer home. Yes, you do have lives. But, paid or not, you also took on a RESPONSIBILITY to make this forum the best it can be. If that is too much to handle, perhaps more mods are needed, or a change in structure. But to say that moving a thread is "not your job" is a cop-out. I'm a nuclear med tech, but if I see a patient lost in the hallway, I will show him the way to his destination. Maybe I should just let him find it himself. After all, it's not my job...

Wildmaven, I did not say I do not understand why you would like things to be slightly different. and some people sacrifice more of their private life than others to unpaid forum duties.
But you cannot expect this from everyone. there are mods who can spend more time on here and mods who spend less, still they all contribute and i would not want to make those who contribute not the maximum to leave, since then their contribution would be gone.

I agree, more mods would help!!!! it is just not easy to talk people into becoming a mod. try with me, it will be hard :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back