Mom

Efergoh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My mother has never had a decent photo taken in her life. Her walls and dressers are adorned with campy snapshots taken with $20 cameras.

I decided it was time to change that.

mom1.jpg

mom2.jpg

mom3.jpg

mom4.jpg

mom5.jpg

mom6.jpg

Crit, Comment, and edits welcome. I shot some B&W film as well, but I just developed that film and don't have it on a CD yet. I'm all done scanning prints with my printer...they look like crap when I do that.

next items for purchase are UV and Polarizing filters. Bought the UV this morning.

#3,4,5,6 are the best. Photo #1 is good too but I would like that one better in B&W. Anyways, thats just my personal opinion. Great job, your mother should be proud!

Thanks. I had high hopes for number 2, but it came out really contrasty.

Funny you would say that regarding the first one. before I even posted these, I converted it to sepia with Roxio. :D

mom7.jpg

My immediate thought was: a pity you chose such a sunny day for her first real portraits ... bright sun creates deep shadows, and as of a certain age (like mine), we no longer want to see as many shadows and highlights in our faces ... I should say ... erm ... and then I came to the photo taken in the shadow and thought: yes, that is the right place to take outdoor photos when the sun shines brightly: in shadow places. Did you further soften the focus of that one? For that one seems just a tad out of focus, but I am beginning to like photos of myself that are no longer QUITE QUITE in focus ;).

LaFoto said:
My immediate thought was: a pity you chose such a sunny day for her first real portraits...

I know, but timing was an issue. I do not live near my mother, and I had to squish her into my schedule, and she into mine. 3 hours after I took these, I was shooting my cousin's daughter, and I was wishing I had done her first then my mother because the sun was lower and the light was softer and more golden.

...Did you further soften the focus of that one?

No, with the exception of the one to which I gave the Sepia treatment, these are all untouched images.

Most reactions

Back