Mom

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Efergoh, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Efergoh

Efergoh TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    My mother has never had a decent photo taken in her life. Her walls and dressers are adorned with campy snapshots taken with $20 cameras.

I decided it was time to change that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crit, Comment, and edits welcome. I shot some B&W film as well, but I just developed that film and don't have it on a CD yet. I'm all done scanning prints with my printer...they look like crap when I do that.

2. Efergoh

Efergoh TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    next items for purchase are UV and Polarizing filters. Bought the UV this morning.

3. oldnavy170

oldnavy170 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    #3,4,5,6 are the best. Photo #1 is good too but I would like that one better in B&W. Anyways, thats just my personal opinion. Great job, your mother should be proud!

4. Efergoh

Efergoh TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks. I had high hopes for number 2, but it came out really contrasty.

Funny you would say that regarding the first one. before I even posted these, I converted it to sepia with Roxio. :D

[​IMG]

5. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    My immediate thought was: a pity you chose such a sunny day for her first real portraits ... bright sun creates deep shadows, and as of a certain age (like mine), we no longer want to see as many shadows and highlights in our faces ... I should say ... erm ... and then I came to the photo taken in the shadow and thought: yes, that is the right place to take outdoor photos when the sun shines brightly: in shadow places. Did you further soften the focus of that one? For that one seems just a tad out of focus, but I am beginning to like photos of myself that are no longer QUITE QUITE in focus ;).

6. Efergoh

Efergoh TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I know, but timing was an issue. I do not live near my mother, and I had to squish her into my schedule, and she into mine. 3 hours after I took these, I was shooting my cousin's daughter, and I was wishing I had done her first then my mother because the sun was lower and the light was softer and more golden.

No, with the exception of the one to which I gave the Sepia treatment, these are all untouched images.