Monarch Butterfly anyone?

Parrotrosie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a new on I played with a little....Please let me know if I am getting annoying...lol. Photoshop is quite daunting and I like what you are able to do with alot of the photos I am seeing (ummm..adding a sky to Egypt is pretty cool!) lol

so

Original shot

DSC02532.jpg

My attempt

MonarchPostproductioncopy.jpg

Hmmm...I cropped it, apparently I enlarged it...(not really sure how...lol) and I used a cross hatch filter which looked good small...but now that it is large... I don't think I like it much at all...:(

I like the original the most. Perhaps a little more color saturation, like something between the saturation of the original and the third, but I'm not sure any filters are going to do much for you with this.

HA! I am so busted! How did YOU know I was getting old? LOL!!!:lol::lol:

There is "wing shake" from too long an exposure there in the original, but when I study the flower (petals), I cannot see anything like camera shake. Focus and sharpness are not PERFECT, but close.

Exposure COULD have been shorter, if not much, I think, which MIGHT have eliminated some of the "wing shake", as is, the photo is a bit on the bright side, and it is that I would probably try to work on (simply by using the "Levels" in Photoshop and by looking if there is "flatlands" on the shadow side on the left, and maybe by carefully playing with the midtones some, too), but other than that I'd leave the photo well as it is.

The Photoshop Filters, fun as they may be when you only just start out, often look a bit "cheap" to me, though I do admit I have put all sorts of filters to photos of mine before, just to see what all they can do. It is fun, it is play. I hardly ever save those photos, though. ;)

HA! I am so busted! How did YOU know I was getting old? LOL!!!:lol::lol:

I seem to have the same afflication....even when I'm not holding the camera!!:lmao:

P.S. I recently discovered in PS2 under filter>sharpen>smart sharpen>.....Motion Blur. I might help us seniors!

Ok...so my lesson then is not ALL shots NEED to be reworked or...necessarily can be improved by a post edit. Some things are best left imperfect as is b/c the post processing effects can render the shot less pleasing than the original imperfection. Understanding , of course..it is each individual's opinion. I find color rendering difficult tho. For example...the lion photo...I agree I overdid the sharpening...but the color...which is the 'true' color? I guess if it is for one's own use, then whatever is pleasing to the eye or the purpose is OK?

These images I have been using are older ones I got with an 8 year old sony cybershot strictly used in auto point and shoot modes.

I have over the last few days downloaded I think it is Tiberius's photo Tutorials on exposure and shutterspeeds etc. It is alot to learn. But I believe I have gotten all I can out of the old camera. I appreciate the patience you have all given me, and I think I have a decent eye and aesthetic view but not the knowledge (rule of thirds...I am learning..lol and the techno stuff) to advance with my skills. I am working on that.:D

I will be practicing with the hubby's toys now...the Cannon 20 and the backpack of lenses - which all each have their own learning curves.

Does anyone feel it is easier to start with the macro lens or the telephoto lens? I enjoy nature and macro photography and I also want to learn to shoot Ice skaters. I am thinking tho, that the telephoto lens has additional things to learn that I should get the basics down first and then progress to that lens? Any opinions? Thanks again all! :hugs:

Thanks PNA...I am currently only working in photoshop elements...I gotta get the full package on me computer...

:)

Not really in the 'senior' range yet...I get my shaking is due to a nervous tick...everytime I try and get some alone time with the camera I hear HEY MOOOOM mom mom mom mom mom...can I have can I get hey mom! lol!!!!:lmao: Some days I really feeeeel old tho!

Does anyone feel it is easier to start with the macro lens or the telephoto lens?

Talk about camera shake.....My suggestion is to use a tripod for these type of shoots. And with a remote if the model camera supports it. Then there's lenses with VR which help.

I did not intend to imply that you are as senior as me, please forgive. There's no one more senior than me!!!:lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back