Bleeker Street Bar
c/c please!

pool1wd3.jpg

pool2kc9.jpg

pool3ih0.jpg

pool4tm9.jpg

pool5ju5.jpg

pool6ph9.jpg

Wow those are some small pool tables. 6 footers no doubt. APA?

I like number 4, my step dad has a 9 by 11 pro pool table. It's pretty cool.

Bleecker Street? That's a good song by Simon and Garfunkel (look it up).

Nice images too.

I really like #4. Tried an edit. ;)
pool4tm9-1.jpg

Kinda killed the quality though...

a bit on the darkside to me. I like to see the anguish on their faces as they shoot the cue and see that its not going where they wanted it to go :)

a bit on the darkside to me. I like to see the anguish on their faces as they shoot the cue and see that its not going where they wanted it to go :)
thanks for the feedback! next time i go, ill try to get more face.

the lighting is difficult because i cant use a flash....they are in the middle of a match and any flash would ruin any sort of concentration. next time, i might try film rather than digital and see how that works out.

Looks like all the light comes from above the pool table. Your best bet is probably stand across from the person - side shots like #6 don't work imo - and wait for their face to creep into the light.

#4 was my favorite, and I think the edit makes it even better.

thanks for the feedback! next time i go, ill try to get more face.

the lighting is difficult because i cant use a flash....they are in the middle of a match and any flash would ruin any sort of concentration. next time, i might try film rather than digital and see how that works out.

Hit 'em with the flash, THEN grab a photo of their look at you :) Just be prepared to run!

Looks like all the light comes from above the pool table. Your best bet is probably stand across from the person - side shots like #6 don't work imo - and wait for their face to creep into the light.

#4 was my favorite, and I think the edit makes it even better.
thanks for the feedback, rob. the only problem with standing opposite the table is that they are playing in a game and im trying to stay out of their way as much as possible. my dad's team was standing against the wall and so thats where and how i took shot #4.
ill see if i cant shoot them while they are warming up.
ill keep this in mind next time i go, thanks!!

Hit 'em with the flash, THEN grab a photo of their look at you :) Just be prepared to run!
:lmao:

Nice shots Beth.
Does the shutter sound effect them at all?
its a bar league so they cant hear the sound of my shutter over the typical noises of a bar. but they are able to drown it all out.

Most reactions

Back