Monet's Garden - emulsion lift

Jazz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In Monet's garden in Giverny, I stopped down the aperture and (handheld) moved the camera (quickly) up during the long exposure (about 1/4 to 1/2 second, if I recall) on slide film, which achieved a painterly look. I'm not sure whether it works or not. I call it The Veiled Tulip. The top is a straight scan and the bottom one is the emulsion lift version. Just thought it might be fun to share. All comments are welcome.

120039615-L.jpg

119808957-L.jpg

I like both, as well, Jazz. The slide stands on its own merit. And I enjoy the folds in your lifts - the ones in this one remind me of cracks in an old oil painting. Well, not everyone may like those kinds of cracks, but I do. :lol:

Thanks Matt - I also am a big fan of the masters, including Ernst Haas.

Thanks Terri - As you know, the hilights tend to get thin and stretched. What to do with them? I tried several ideas until I settled on brushing them (gently!) together to form those cracks.

Thanks mysteryscribe - yes, I agree the cracks increase depth, both optically and physically too.

I just finished reading a book on impressionist photography and this photo reminds me very much of it. Very nicely done.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back