Monitor Calibration - Table of settings by Man/Brand

LifeORiley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Q) Does an "accurate color" table exist for a given monitor? A list of suggested settings that are "close enough" listed by Manufacturer/Brand.

Monitor calibrators seem a little pricey for a 1 time use.

I understand that monitors degrade over time and may need re-calibration - thus will be used more than once - but I'm hoping there's another option.

Monitor calibrators like the Spyder or Colormunki are not one time use. You use one today, and in two weeks or a month, you get it out and use it again, and again. With one Colormunki, you can do all your monitors.

Since monitors vary, even within a batch, it is not likely you could use a prepared table and have it be meaningful. Several times, I have installed large numbers of computers at some company. It is amazing to see the variation when installing 50 machines that were all the same make and model, on the same purchase order.

Monitor calibrators like the Spyder or Colormunki are not one time use.

Exactly.

A displays color and brightness will change over time so regular calibration is needed.

In addition to the display the lighting conditions in the room also effect the calibration. I have a spyder calibration device and it actually is plugged in all the time to the computer and had a ambient light sensor so that it can warn me if light conditions change enough that you should re calibrate.

If light from a window shines directly on your screen you might even need to calibrate in the morning and again in the afternoon because of the movement of the sun.

calibrate in the morning and again in the afternoon because of the movement of the sun.

Sometimes life doesn't give easy or inexpensive solutions to a problem.

It's also hard to reconcile being a cheapskate and having an expensive hobby.

Better not take up boating....:p

thanks guys

Most reactions

New Topics

Back