monitor calibration

bill04

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What is the cheapest best working calibration hardware?

Good calibration can't be had for $100?

Good calibration can be had for $250 without any software I found out. And it is true you get what you pay for.

I bought the iOne Display 2 from B&H, and use it with NEC's SpectraView II software. The software's manual has specific notes about the slightly cheaper units on the market, specifically the Spyder units fail totally if you have a wide gamut screen.

They may work for standard screens, not sure, but something to think about is do you want to toss the calibrator out with the screen when you upgrade.

I never understood the need for calibrating a monitor. All the photos I ever scanned and then reprinted, were dead on color wise. There was only some loss in the resolution.

Well colour accuracy is like everything else eyesight wise. Some people can tell instantly the slightest inaccuracies. Some can't. The latter are the lucky ones who get away without spending their money.

That said it may also depend on the screen you have. There are some very nice out of the box screens out there. There are some absolute shockers too.

Most reactions

Back