Monitor color correction

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Huntin, May 12, 2007.

1. Huntin

Huntin TPF Noob!

Has anyone used the Huey or Spyder2Express monitor color correction programs? Do you think that it made enough of a difference to justify the expense for the average photographer?

2. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    it depends on how your screen is set ... some come with fairly ok colours, others are totally off, others again have a very small colour space.

With my old LG TFT it was a good idea to get it calibrated, with my new eizo I still haven'T done it because colours seem to be quite consistent.

maybe you should borrow a spyder and do the test and then decide if you need it?

3. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit

Check out the numbers on the back of your prints, or talk to a tech from your photo lab to see how much correction they are having to do to your photos. That'll give you an idea of how useful a calibration device/software would be. I noticed that the lab was having to do a fair amount of correction to my files, so I got a Monaco Optix XR calibration device on the recommendation of www.shootsmarter.com After using it (I calibrate every few weeks) I could see the difference in the monitor with my own eyes, and now the lab barely does any correction if any.