Monitor--Dell 2209WA Discontinued?

Pure

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Apparently the 2209WA has been temporarily, or permanently discontinued do to the fact that LG cannot keep up with Dell's demand for them.

From a Dell rep on the Dell site, recently posted:
" If the 2209WA was a popular monitor, and it was with people who use a panel for photo editing, and it was apparently selling well and had just come out at the beginning of 2009, what's the strategy behind pulling it? Did they pull it in response to the fact that their other 22" monitors were being overlooked because the 2209WA was so much better?
* Nothing so machiavellian.
The panel manufacturer cannot keep up with our demand for the entry IPS panel. We cannot sell what they cannot give us."

My question is this, are there any other $300 IPS panels close to the Dell 2209WA? I've looked around, but can't seem to find anything.

Side note: Anybody in Canada or Australia want to find one for me and ship it to me?

Nope, and that's the problem. It was exceptional at it's price point (I know work gave me one :) ). I believe Dell America has a massive backorder even before I read about this "discontinued" part.

I doubt it'll actually be "discontinued". LG may prioritise production slightly, Dell may change a model number, but once the fuss boils over I expect we'll see this bargain again.

I looked around, and it seems that a Dell rep said that demand has been so large, they are back ordered for at least 4 months.

Thats unfortunate, I never got my order in.

Thats unfortunate, I never got my order in.

I just finished reading the thread, and one guy ordered his in March and his delivery date is SEPTEMBER, 7 months later.

if your company has an enterprise business account then you can still get them next day :D
too bad i can't make personal order through our company (company policy)

That seems weird, I just bought one of these a couple of weeks ago from Dell small business, I haven't even had a chance calibrate it yet. I think in the end I only paid about $250. Guess I got lucky on the timing.

Last edited:
Betcha you bought the 2209W, not the 2209WA :)

Cheers, Don

Nope, positive it is a WA. The WA is an IPS, the W is a TN. I guess I ordered mine in early June. So the short supply must be fairly recent.

I see you're in the US. So am I, where the heck did you buy it? Dell USA doesn't sell them.

Betcha you bought the 2209W, not the 2209WA :)

Cheers, Don

Nope, positive it is a WA. The WA is an IPS, the W is a TN. I guess I ordered mine in early June. So the short supply must be fairly recent.

I see you're in the US. So am I, where the heck did you buy it? Dell USA doesn't sell them.

Hmm, Your right, It was not available on their regular store/site. I had to register an account with the "Dell Small Business" Store in order to find it. So it probably had limited availability in the US. If I remember, it seems like I had to do several Google searches just to find it to begin with.

Edit:
Well I just checked back on dells site, and sure enough its gone! found one on amazon for $500 :grumpy:

if you do a google "shopping" search for "dell 2209wa, a few sites come up that have them in stock, there also seems to be a bunch of new screens on ebay, going for less than $300.

Best of luck to everyone!

I just bought 2 2 months ago. Great for editing and great monitors.

oh that's good to hear, I just picked up a 2309w.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back