Monitor For Displaying Pictures At Reception

LarissaPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.larissaphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A number of the good photographers in our area have suggested showing pictures at the reception. The photographers who suggested it had large mac's. There's no way I'm dropping a couple grand just to show my work at a reception. I've started looking into large digital frames and also looked at a couple of computers from hp.

Do you guys display pictures at the reception? Any cost-effective ways to do this?

If you bring an assistant to pull your images, process them and post them for people to see while you continue to do what you were hired to do (shoot pictures), I see no problem with it. I personally wouldn't do it, but I can understand the interest in doing it.

The cheapest way I can think of is to buy an old clunker of a computer, or use an old system lying around the house. LCD monitors aren't all that expensive these days. If you already have a laptop, then just buy an external LCD monitor and plug it into your laptop.

Nah the cheapest way is to pickup a digital picture frame from any electronics store.

We did this at a friends wedding and it was a great hit. People loved being able to see the actual ceremony pictures at the reception since I dropped my memory card into it when I arrived. Sure it won't look as good as the final thing, but a) people won't care and won't notice since the screens are usually no larger than 8x5 and b) I think some people may find a large nasty screen actually quite distracting from the proceedings.

Most reactions

Back