Monitor is LQ :S it wasn't low quality before

UUilliam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
well today i logged on to find my monitor is now very ow quality... this is why i dont let my family go on it but they all call me a "selfish bastard" if i dont... but they always brake my laptops... so i thought hey, let them on it one day cant hurt... now my monitor is banding (when i view images it shows loads of jpeg artifact that wasnt before and it is showing banding) any advice

It sounds like the Resolution and Color Depth are set too low. Or that the Video Driver got messed up.

Right Click on a Blank spot on the Desktop and go to Properties. Then go to Settings. You should see Screen Resolution with a slider and Color Quality with a Pick Box.

The Color Quality should be set to something like 32bit. It may be down on 16bit or even 8bit.

If you don't have anything higher that you can change it to then, you driver is messed up.

If that is the Case then from the same screen click on the Advanced button, and then click on the Adapter Tab. Once in the Adapter Tab click on Properties, and then click the Driver Tab.

From the Driver Tab click Update Driver.

This will go out and find the best driver for your Video Card and install it.

Hope this helps...

---------
humma.us

Most reactions

Back