Monkeys - OK one of my Monitors is Hosed

wiredhernandez

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was fooling around and tweaking this image at home and was able to make out all the monkeys fairly well. I bring up the image on another PC and its just dark and hard to see any detail..(granted its all dark). I think I may need to get one of those colorimeter tools to help adjust some/all of my monitors .. I dont know which monitor is correct...

4255638446_ecb2aeabe1_b.jpg

The calibrate will help with color but the darkness is probably due to how bright the monitor is set at.

You should always calibrate your monitors when using them for serious photo editing.

I dont know which monitor is correct...
That's the problem, you don't know which is correct, or even if either of them is correct. So if you are doing any editing, you don't know if you are helping or hurting the images.

You should always calibrate your monitors when using them for serious photo editing.

The other thing to remember is, if it's an older CRT type monitor, you may not be able to calibrate it enough to correct the problem.

The monitor I edit on is only about 3 months old.. Looks good on that monitor... Bad on 3 other monitors..... Guess I know where to start..

I actually ran into a similar issue myself, one of my monitors went kaput the other day, and the (6 yr old) one I replaced it with needs some serious adjustment. Things used to look fairly similar between the editing pc and my work pc and laptop, but now the brightness and contrast seem off. maybe even the color as well.

Anyone know what the best way to get the brightness and contrast set correctly? Do yoiu just "eyeball" it or is there a better way. It seems a monitor calibrator will just fix the color from what was stated previously.

I have just opened it up in photoshop and it is very badly underexposed, take a look at the histogram

Most reactions

New Topics

Back