YellowBay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.blacknine.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone know of a big Monopod?

Strange question, but here's the situation. I'm 6ft 2 (187cm) ,I take a lot of pictures at airshows where, as you can imagine, the camera is pointing upwards. Most of the monopods I've seen are all around the 160cm height, which is below my eye level. That's fine for things on the ground, but aircraft have a habbit of being in the damned sky most of the time.

If I'm taking pictures of prop driven aircraft, I have a fairly slow shutter speed of around 1/250 and I'm using my trusty Sigma 300 lens. I know the ideal situation is to have an IS lens, but I can't justify the cost at the moment.

Ideally, I think I want something at least 18ocm but I just can't find anything.....:grumpy:

only 6-2? no worries, I am 6-5, I got a manfrotto carbon fibre monopod then added a manfrotto head to it, the one that has a Q/R base and tilt head, which added around 3". PERFECT for me - should work out for you too. If you can;t easily figure out what I am talking about, let me know and I will go dig up my reciepts and get the part numbers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back