Monsoon Storm

Unmanedpilot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't post very often here as I'm sure many of you are wondering just who I am ;) However, every so often I get some nice photos and like to share them where I know people know what their talking about. Well I'll try not to talk to much more. These were taken yesterday south of Tucson on Highway 83.

IMG_9590.jpg

IMG_9591.jpg

IMG_9594.jpg

Enjoy!

there's no picture showing up for me

pwn3d by the red x

These are cool! I need to try shooting lightning!

Ian

Well done. Have to wonder how close you were to it tho. You know, they CAN hit you :)

How did you get them? slow shutter speed and hope you get a lightning bolt in it or fast fingers?

Mark

Sorry for the Red X's, Flickr didn't want to agree with me... Photobucket is much nicer.

I wasn't too close, maybe 10 miles? I do know they can hit me tho and I was aware. Mostly sat in my car waiting for the exposure to finish. However a few times as I got out of my car lightning struck.. and wow did I jump!

I wish I had reflexes fast enough to take a picture of lightning however I just set a long exposure. Setting the right F stop is the challenge. The photos above are all at f/8 which I have personally found to be a good setting for lightning. Although its dark outside a small aperture is required as the lightning is easily brighter then daylight.

Thanks for the comments!

Nice captures! When I've set a long exposure, I don't catch anything as good as these. Will keep trying though, after seeing what you can get!

So what was the shutter speen when taking these shots?

Mark

I believe they were between 3 and 5 minutes.

Whats nice about night photography with lightning is you can leave the shutter open until you get a bolt. Which greatly reduces wasted shots. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back