gnagel

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.nagelphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently revisited the Montana State Capitol in Helena and captured the following images with my D800. Unfortunately, the were working on the ceilings of the Senate Chamber and Supreme Court, so the only chamber I could photograph was the House. Can't wait for the D850!

p2484986518-4.jpg

p2484986269-4.jpg

p2484986507-4.jpg

p2484986267-4.jpg

p2484986270-4.jpg

p2484986321-4.jpg

p2484986273-4.jpg

p2484986396-4.jpg

p2484986265-4.jpg

p2484986462-4.jpg

Thanks again for looking...
Glenn

Gorgeous shots

Nice job. I'm a fan of full frame fisheye lenses and you used yours very well.

Gorgeous shots
Thanks Wade
Nice job. I'm a fan of full frame fisheye lenses and you used yours very well.
Thank you, Fred. I included 3 fisheye photos in this post. I usually use the lens very sparingly...certainly not in 30% of my shots. It's probably more like 3%!

Glenn

Great shots! #2, 3 and 5 my favorites.

Nice set. I like the 3rd a lot and great exposure on the interiors. Did they let you use a tripod?

Nice set. I like the 3rd a lot and great exposure on the interiors. Did they let you use a tripod?
Thank you...yes, I was permitted to use a tripod. I've visited 49 state capitol buildings so far and just one didn't allow a tripod. That was North Carolina.

Glenn

Really nice set! Do you have any from the Wisconsin capitol building?
Thank you...yes, I have pictures from all of the state capitols except for Alaska. I will be revisiting Wisconsin as it was one of my earliest visits and there was a protest rally being held in the rotunda during most of my stay. Also, over the years my approach to photographing these buildings has evolved.

Here's the link to the pictures:
State Capitols

Glenn

Thank you...yes, I have pictures from all of the state capitols except for Alaska. I will be revisiting Wisconsin as it was one of my earliest visits and there was a protest rally being held in the rotunda during most of my stay. Also, over the years my approach to photographing these buildings has evolved.

State Capitols

Glenn
Very nice images, thanks for sharing. If you give me a heads up when you're planning your trip to Wisconsin I can likely get you more access in the capitol Building than you might normally get, including possibly at night when it's closed or up on the observation deck outside the dome. I have some friends on the Capitol Police Dept and have actually been meaning to plan my own photography walkthrough at night. If thats something that interests you I can PM you my contact information.

State Capitols

Glenn
Very nice images, thanks for sharing. If you give me a heads up when you're planning your trip to Wisconsin I can likely get you more access in the capitol Building than you might normally get, including possibly at night when it's closed or up on the observation deck outside the dome. I have some friends on the Capitol Police Dept and have actually been meaning to plan my own photography walkthrough at night. If thats something that interests you I can PM you my contact information.
It's something that interests me very, very much. My travel availability is somewhat limited for a couple of months. But, if we could plan something for a later October date I would be very interested!

Please PM me...

Thanks,
Glenn

Most reactions

New Topics

Back