Monument shot - C&C much appreciated

pip_dog

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, new to photography here. I went on a walk today and got a bunch of shots that I didn't like but also one that I did. It was about an hour and a half before sunset with pretty clear skies, so without further ado...
Settings: Nikon D3200, f/11, ISO 100, 1/200th, Aperture Priority, and at 55mm using the 18-55mm kit lens.
I think that the problem with the shot for me is that it may not create enough interest to others, I like the fact that the monument is peeking out above trees and the semi-circle shape of the branches however I also feel that it may not be so interesting to someone else.
(these are rescaled crops of the original, I think they meet the guidelines for image size but if I goofed I'll be glad to change them.)
Crop #1
monument2.1.jpg

Crop #2
monf2.jpg

All comments are appreciated, thank you!

Your image sizes are fine!

As for C&C; you're right, there isn't a lot to hold the interest of most viewers. Technically the shots are fine, but artistically, I think you might want to consider looking for subjects with a broader appeal.

Thank you! I was hoping to get a few good shots of a train that goes through my town but I think I missed the focus on those shots.

Your image sizes are fine!

As for C&C; you're right, there isn't a lot to hold the interest of most viewers. Technically the shots are fine, but artistically, I think you might want to consider looking for subjects with a broader appeal.

Like squirrels. Everyone likes a good squirrel pic. :)

Squirrels are a can-do 'round these parts.

Just keep taking pics, its fun and its good practice. Experiment.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back