moody gardens aquarium shots

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by newrmdmike, Nov 18, 2006.

1. newrmdmike

newrmdmike TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    let me know what you guys think, this was pretty tough i must say. the glass distorts everything a little, and you can't get the same sharpness (or at least i couldn't) shot using an sb-800 on and off camera, as well as a lowel-id light i was able to get these.

c&c welcome, let me know what you think!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the seahorses i was extremely disappointed with, i used the existing light and wasn't quite able to get it as sharp as i wanted, there was a little motion blur on my part.

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    While the distortion still shows a little in #1 here, I think you did really well in 2 and 3! Well, one would wish for the fish to separate a little more from the stones and plants but alas, he does not wear these colours for nothing.

The seahorse is perfect. I love how its background is all black and how it is headed for this one light and the plant. Have you considered a closer crop to bring it out even more? Would it work?

As to the motion blur, it is there and to be seen at the snout but not at the back and tail!

3. newrmdmike

newrmdmike TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    yeah, i have some more of the fish in two where he's seperated better. when i shot these i was trying to hidethe fact that they were taken in an aquarium, and i think it was more obvious in the otherones, but i'll prolly post more later.

4. ClarkKent

ClarkKent TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Woah, I wish my photos from an aquirium would turn out that good. Man those are great!