moody graveyard b&w picture

john3eblover

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.xanga.com
shot this one a while back on T-Max 400, it was very foggy and hazy so that is why its so grainy. I guess i'm wondering about the composition mainly. does it work or not? Thanks.

graveyard.jpg

I like it. :) It's very centered, and I think it works all right here. I would probably have taken a few steps to the left, then to the right, and taken a couple shots from that perspective, as well. Looks like a really pretty cemetery; you certainly had perfect, gloomy weather to set the mood. I also like the barren trees. :thumbup:

Good old T-Max 400. Always love the look of that stuff.

terri said:
I would probably have taken a few steps to the left, then to the right

i don't think he was in the yard learning a dance step.

actually, 37 1/2 inches to the right and 178 inches back and you'd be dead on balls!

JonMikal said:

actually, 37 1/2 inches to the right and 178 inches back and you'd be dead on balls!

Hhahahaa.... K seriously that just made my night.

Good Shot. I like the grainess of this! Composition it works perfectly aswell. I love t-max! I usually shoot 100 though. Good shot!

thanks guys. i can probably go back and reshoot this sometime soon, so maybe i'll try to get a better angle on things. there are some sweet old graveyards around here

I think the grain works really well here. The composition feels a bit off-kilter but i don't think you can help that really. I think it's the varying heights of the treetops. But really nice shot :)

JonMikal said:

omg, lmao!! dead on balls would have been about 60.5" lower... straight down! imo

very cool shot balls or no balls

Most reactions

New Topics

Back