MOON C & C PLEASE

keybq

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok well this the first time i tried to shoot the moon. There was a tree in my way i tried to shoot through the branches did not work that well. I was not able to move away from tree i was shooting out of my dorm window. So yea C & C please.

Last edited:
when shooting the moon you have to under exposure the image compared to what the camera thinks it should be at. This is because the metering will try to brighten up the sky surrounding the moon so it isn't pitch black, little does it know that its supposed to be black! Great start though!

When you want to make visible the dark side of the moon along with that sliver of light of the crescent, you will automatically blow out that crescent. OR you could take a photo of a well exposed crescent, with a black sky and all, and none of the dark side to be seen. I see you went for the "lets make that dark side visible"-variation, and that will lead to an overexposed part where there is the sunny side.

thank you and honestly i have no clue what i was going for i was just trying to see what i could get i will retry it tonight if i dont have any homework.

Most reactions

Back