MOON C & C PLEASE

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by keybq, Jan 28, 2009.

1. keybq

keybq TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Ok well this the first time i tried to shoot the moon. There was a tree in my way i tried to shoot through the branches did not work that well. I was not able to move away from tree i was shooting out of my dorm window. So yea C & C please.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  2. MBasile

MBasile TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    when shooting the moon you have to under exposure the image compared to what the camera thinks it should be at. This is because the metering will try to brighten up the sky surrounding the moon so it isn't pitch black, little does it know that its supposed to be black! Great start though!

3. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    When you want to make visible the dark side of the moon along with that sliver of light of the crescent, you will automatically blow out that crescent. OR you could take a photo of a well exposed crescent, with a black sky and all, and none of the dark side to be seen. I see you went for the "lets make that dark side visible"-variation, and that will lead to an overexposed part where there is the sunny side.

4. keybq

keybq TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thank you and honestly i have no clue what i was going for i was just trying to see what i could get i will retry it tonight if i dont have any homework.