moon from last night

Dagwood56

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I felt that these got lost with no comments on the beginners board:( especially the one's I posted into a multi-page post of other's moon shots. Would really be interested in what you all think of these, so I decided to repost them here. Thanks:D

Took them around 8:00 last night, using a, Sony-A100, with 400mm lens, f5.6, ISO 100 and shutter speed of 1/250.

DSC01010.jpg

DSC01012good.jpg

Nice work.. May have been over-cropped a bit to get the size you want..

The full moon is difficult because it is so bright and loses much of the detaill and contrast that a partially lit moon gives..

Thanks for your comments.

I think both are over-exposed. Also, it looks like there's a fair amount of color noise for using ISO 100. Knowing nothing about the Sony camera line, this could be simply due to your sensor. I would suggest not blowing them up so much (if you did so) or decreasing the resolution (as in, in post-processing, reduce the size to something like 50%). This will - in the case of 50% size - effectively average together 4 pixels (2x2) into 1, helping to reduce the color noise. This will also help it look a little sharper.

These are the first moon shots I've ever attempted. Before I took them I asked board members for suggestions on ap, shutter speed and ISO. All said a low ISO was best 100 or 200, I decided to go with 100 and the shutter that worked best was 1/250th. The moon was bright white, not dark yellow as it appeared with other shuttter speeds I tried. I took 35 shots using vaarious shutter speeds and aps and these turned out[as far as I'm concerned] the best and showed the most detail.

Thanks for your input.

Most reactions

Back