moon reflection

LoU!

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok so it's a horrible day here in Buenos Aires and I came out with these pics before the moon 'disappeared' into the clouds....:(

frameshot1nb7.jpg

frameshot2hn8.jpg

frameshot3ye2.jpg

Wow, I wish I could get moon shots like that here. I don't even know of any decent places to get a good moon shot without including someone's house or some stinkin' wires in it.

thanks for the nice comments guys..!!!

#3 has nothing to do here...:( hahaha

Awesome shots! I love the moon... despite the fact that it likes to hide from me behind THICK clouds! :confused:

I love 1 and 2... I also like 3 but it seems a bit askew to me.

Nice work!

Those are very neat... can I ask how you got that cloud effect? Was it just a longer exposure with the clouds moving?

Like woodsac here, also I am a great fan of your Photo 1 here. The atmosphere you managed to capture with that one is so great.
#3 looks a bit tilted ... and while I like nightshots with city lights and all that, of this series I prefer the quieter ones, and mostly so 1 :D.

Thanks a lot guys for your comments, I'm glad you like #1 ...it is also my fav!

Manaheim, yeap you can create that effect with a long exposure shot...that's what I did..! the clouds were moving really fast.

emo said:
Superb shots!! how long was the exposure?

the exposure was 10/1 sec. , F/5 , focal lenght 70mm and ISO 125! (#1)

Thanks all for the critics! :wink:

I really like these! all of em. Nice colours. #1 is my fave also. they Have a nice dreamy feel. I love these type of long exp. shots.

The only thing is as the others said a tilted horizon is not a good thing, its usually a beginners mistake and it can make you look new(especially to other photographers)because its easily forgotten. Its an important rule of thumb to have em strait. I posted many tilted like that till I eventually was scorned enough by my peers who told me not too...and I still didn't do it. Totally lazy I am, even though I new I should. haha

Not a big deal tho easy fix in photoshop ..

great stuff!

Yes I know what you mean....I never really liked the 3rd picture but then again I posted it for some reason....maybe the reflection on the water was the only thing that I liked about it....

thanks for your comments!

Regards. Lautaro

Most reactions

New Topics

Back