Moon Shot

Yea, I am going to try again tonight, with better settings. :thumbup:

They all look blurry to me. At 300mm it's likely that you're getting motion blur. You might need a better tripod or cable release.

Also, given that the moon is red, and you live in SoCal, I wonder if haze from the wildfire smoke might be a contributing factor to the blurriness.

EDIT: If you haven't seen this already, check this out: Ultimate Exposure Computer

Last edited:
I took that shot around 5 am. so it was in it's setting. I know my tripod isn't the greatest. But I use the timer set on 10 secs I think. I thought that would take away the shake.

I went to the first link. Seemed to have a lot of info. And I learned a few things. I will check out the other site just posted and try again tonight.

I know my equipment should give me pretty decent results. It's just operator error i guess.

When the moon is setting, you may need to -2 or -3 EV to EV 12 or EV 13. So when keep other settings the same, shutter speed may need to drop down to 1/30

The ultimate exposure site was very informative. I copied and pasted the charts to word and printed them out for future use. Here are a couple shots I just took. I kind of like the one I took waiting for clouds to pass. I just need to get a photo editing program to take that ghost deal out of it. The Moon solo shot is just cropped. ISO200 f8 at 1/500
025.jpg

Forgot the secong shot
014.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back