moon shots

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
Heh, not as good as Chase's but I've been unsuccessfully trying to do this for quite awhile. Something always manages to foob things up. But this one is ok.

cobalt_moon.jpg

And I got a bunch of variations of this one (which I won't subject you to) in differing amounts of cloud cover.

peek_moon01.jpg

Ask and ye shall receive...
crop_moon.jpg

EXIF says I shot this with a Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX @ 200mm & f/8 on the *istD. Shutter speed was 1/250, manual mode, spot metered. Shot off a tripod with mirror lockup.

Post processed from RAW to jpeg. USM'd after resizing, 300/.3/2.

**edit** I redid the crop so it isn't so sharp. Still looks funky at the lower right edge, but it's the angle of the light on the mountains doing it I think. I need way more lens for this kinda stuff. :)

Thanks for the nfo. Upon seeing the 100% crop, it does look a bit sharp around the edges, but not bad. You can fix that. Awesome shot, thanks for uploading the crop :)

what does USM mean?

Thanks Jeff, the blur wasn't hard- the wind musta been howling up there because they were clipping right along. :)

Great moon shots Jim. I particularly like the second one with the cloud streaks. What's really nice about it is that the moon is in a cloud opening and not blocked from view.

Yeah these are gorgeous.
Im lovin these moon shots.
The first is fabulous. I prefer it without the crop. :D

Most reactions

Back