Moonlit Cliffs for C&C

LittleMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I finally decided to head out and try to get a few night pictures last night under the (nearly) full moon. It was a little hazy, as you can see in the picture. I just have to wait for a clear night. Let me know what you think!

IMG_5181.jpg

Canon 5D MkII, f/4, 1 sec exposure, ISO 25600

Just kidding! That picture was just to make sure I had it composed how I wanted it. Here's the final result:

IMG_5184.jpg

Canon 5D MkII, f/8, 25 min 47 sec exposure, ISO 100

Absolutely no PP done except for the resize.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thank you :) Here's one more from last night. I'm not as fond of this one as I am the other one.

IMG_5179.jpg

I don't really like them ( not that they are terrible ) I just think the mountains are too bright. Its like a cloudy day shot with a couple star streaks. I think you need some sense of nighttime to the picture. I am no expert on startrails though and have never done them, so maybe this is not possible.

Thank you :)

Taylor510ce, that's part of what I find intriguing about this kind of photography. Knowing that these pictures were taken just before midnight, yet being able to see so clearly, truly fascinates me. Maybe it's just me though.

Thank you :)

Taylor510ce, that's part of what I find intriguing about this kind of photography. Knowing that these pictures were taken just before midnight, yet being able to see so clearly, truly fascinates me. Maybe it's just me though.

Well ignore what I said anyway, if I tilt this laptop screen slightly they look great. So for all I know I am looking at a messed up angle

#1 is way too dark the others are vero cool though.

I love the star trails!

I didn't really care how #1 looked, hence the 25600 ISO setting lol. It was just to make sure I had the composition correct. Thanks though :)

I'm with you on number 1 but the other ones are really awesome

Lol I think #1 was more of a joke...just to show the power of 25600 ISO haha. #2 is absolutely awesome.

Awesome pics I have been wanting to try this.

Lol I think #1 was more of a joke...just to show the power of 25600 ISO haha.

THANK YOU! :lmao: It's a technique I read somewhere on here that I have since adopted. Crank the ISO as high as it'll go and take a 2 second or so exposure, just to make sure you don't have anything unwanted in the picture that you can't see with your naked eye in the dim light. (I didn't do that for number three, hence the branches in the lower left that I just plain couldn't see in the frame). It's a whole lot easier to take a short exposure and correct it than find out you messed up after leaving the shutter open for half an hour.

It's pretty funny people actually are taking number 1 seriously. I mean c'mon it even says just kidding right below it :/

I agree that they are a bit too bright, but hey that's just me. I tend to like star trails where you can tell it's at night but see the trails very good. I do like the composition of the first SERIOUS shot :lol:

TJ

Most reactions

New Topics

Back