Moonrise over Harper's Ferry

I like the negative space. The curvature is nice. Great shot.

Is this the same Harper's Ferry that's up Virginia/WV way... just got back from working up there.

yep it's in WV, I believe.

4153779566_3366d9ece6_b.jpg

I find myself wishing that there was a little less negative space on the left hand side. Otherwise, I love the simplicity and the way that the bush below and just to the left of the moon looks like it's reaching out towards the moon. Great capture!

Oh and on the picture of you and the young lady... My wife says that in every couple, there's usually one that's less attractive than the other. I hope that, like me, you're okay with resigning yourself to that role... :D

funny that you worded it like that, because I call this one "reaching out"

4154946641_d9782a3212_b.jpg

and thank you for the compliments ;)

Very nice! I like that crop. I kind of like the hill, though. I was thinking of a crop like this:

4155707780_1423744b48.jpg

Some history down there in that little town for sure!

As for the pic, I love it. I really like that hint of color in the foreground. I also think that Pugs has the crop just about perfect.

Nice work.

Very nice! I like that crop. I kind of like the hill, though. I was thinking of a crop like this:

4155707780_1423744b48.jpg

yeah I agree with that crop. The second picture I posted was another pic I took, not a crop of the first.

yep it's in WV, I believe.

4153779566_3366d9ece6_b.jpg
That's the bridge I was working on. :-D I was down in the tunnel under where you're sitting. Pretty cool seeing it from a different angle too.

nice! it is a very cool place! both slangly and temperaturely!

Some history down there in that little town for sure!

As for the pic, I love it. I really like that hint of color in the foreground. I also think that Pugs has the crop just about perfect.

Nice work.

agreed, I think I might do an 8x10 of this one and that usually involves taking a tiny bit off of the sides, so I am sure I will do that crop!

thanks for all the nice comments!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back