Moooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Senor Hound

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw some longhorns in a field so I pulled over and started shooting. They kept getting closer and closer, and I just kept shooting. This was from a while back, though, so I cut off the legs on EVERY single photo of the moocows! Without legs, the horns were really difficult to balance in the photo, so I did a tight crop to try and compensate for my mistake.

What do you think? Some friendly criticism is appreciated. If you see anything you see you don't like, please tell me.

2623467213_ff6ba1af47_o.jpg

I know I'm not supposed to put the subjects face in the center of the photo, but with these MASSIVE horns, I don't know how NOT to. Here's another photo, this one is the closest I got to not cutting off any limbs (He's still missing a few toes...lol).

2624309012_4af3e60e28_o.jpg

Last edited:
I like the first shot! And don't worry about the center thing.. rules are meant to be broken when needed :wink:

The second one seems a little off. I think the background is too light and the bull too dark? Either way, the way he's looking at you I can see you wouldn't have time to play around in manual mode. You might get a horn in your lens! :lol:

Mmmmm! Yummy! Beef!

Err, ah-hem, pardon me, I mean interesting Bovine images! :D

hehehe, thanks man!

Thanks for the feedback.

Bifurcator... don't eat cows! They are nice animals, and they wouldn't eat you!

I put the last photo on here so you could really see how big the horns are. The grass is way to in focus, but this was at f/2.8 on my point and shoot (I think). Plus he was the cow who was really photogenic. At one point he was only 5 feet away from me! There was a fence, but he was very friendly and deserved to have his photo on the internet. :)

I honestly think that the 1st one would be a lot better if the horns where not cut off but still a good photo

I know I'm not supposed to put the subjects face in the center of the photo

Often rules collide. Sometimes a shot that exhibits a lot of symmetry is impossible with off-center or rule-of-thirds type framing. I think the framing is fine on both of these, but it would be nice if we had the whole cow.

Might do a little cleanup on the first one -- sharpening, apply image/soft light with the Lab channel in lab mode:

moocow.jpg

Most reactions

Back