Moose in Motion

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by JonK, Sep 21, 2005.

1. JonK

JonK I want MORE!!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    i like this shot a lot but I'm wondering what you all think.
    Is it too blurred? Can you tell it's a moose? Do you care? Is it too dark?

I love the motion and I know it's a moose but would love to hear what ppl think.
    Thanks. :)

[​IMG]

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I can tell it's a moose but it's too blurry for my taste.

Maybe if there was a significant difference between the moose and the trees in the background, I would feel the sense of movement better.

To me it just looks like a shot taken with too slow a shutter speed, out the window of a vehicle driving on a bumpy dirt road.

3. Raymond J Barlow

Raymond J Barlow TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    it has a awesome texture to it, but would only appeal to certain tastes.. I think it's cool.

4. ©AnderGraph

©AnderGraph TPF Noob!

What was your objective here? was it to give the moose motion? was it to create something 'different'?

When looking at an image like that, you need to give some information about why you took the shot and what the objectives where, otherwise its hard to differentiate it from a mistake (which im in no way assuming or insinuating it is, i know your work to well for that)

i do understand this type of photography but find it hard to appreciate it. I've been an artist for about 5/6 years (in a qualified sense) so i understand what your getting at (only because ive seen it before). i have always been of the opinion that its trying to be different rather than trying to create an image. this can only apply to me of course because i dont know your intention.

5. PlasticSpanner

PlasticSpanner TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Damn I misread the title & thought it said "Moon in motion" :lol:

Yes I like it and it really works for me! Feels almost spiritual like a Red Indian vision! Glad I looked now! :thumbup:

6. Mansi

Mansi TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    hmm interesting shot JOnk... i'd probably have liked to see a little less blur..but it does work for me
    maybe this could work the shot better :thumbsup:
    sometimes you just take a shot coz you feel you need to capture the moment.. you can't alway carry out a 'design process' behind it... you think too much over it.. you miss it
    thanks for sharing JOn :thumbsup:

7. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

i like it and can tell it's a moose. next time you have one of these, post it and ask people what they see...you'll love their responses! :)

8. JonK

JonK I want MORE!!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Big Mike gets the prize...that is exactly what it is. :p However I did know exactly what I was doing and the result it would produce.

And I agree that some more separation between subject and BG would make this shot better.

I took this shot because it happened and I didn't want to miss it so I took advantage of the situation and made the best of it. Was early morning and the light was weak; shutter speeds were very slow and the moose was running. Seize the moment I guess is the motto here.

Thanks for looking all of you and commenting. :D