Moral Dilemma

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Andrea K, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Andrea K

Andrea K TPF Noob!

OK, not really a moral dilemma. I was shopping for an umbrella today and realized that I would really like a small/smaller than a d70 digital camera. I have been going to some events/shows where I'd really love to have a camera but don't have the capability of lugging my d70 around so I want a point and shoot of sorts. I had been looking around way back in December and never got around to purchasing one. In December I had my mind set on the Leica C-Lux 2 and convinced myself to hold off, and I bought a macbook pro instead...Anyway, today I felt the urge to purchase a new p & s. I'm tempted to buy the Leica because it's a Leica, but I'm sure there are more current and feature-loaded cameras for less money but I honestly don't know where to start.

I want some nice features that my canon G5 had a few years ago, but I would like something a bit smaller than that as it was rather large for a "pocket sized" camera. I haven't seen the Leica in person so it may be large as well. I basically want something small and of good quality. Any suggestions on where to start looking would be great as well. I know threads like these have been started a million times, but I really didn't feel like searching and besides that I wanted to boost my post count.

Thanks,
    Andrea

2. Andrea K

Andrea K TPF Noob!

Update. The camera I was looking at before was the D-Lux 3. Anyone have any experience with this?

3. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I can't help you, but I've been wanting a point and shoot that'll fit in my pocket for quite some time, too. I don't have the money, though. :(

I've just been using the camera on my iPhone when I have to...not the greatest, but it works in a pinch. :p

4. Senor Hound

Senor Hound TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Panasonic and Leica are in cahoots now, and both Leica and Panasonic's compacts are basically half and half. If you want the camera to be made by Leica, its twice as much as the same thing made by Panasonic. I just wanted you to know, cause you can get a nice camera made by Panasonic with the same lens technology for a lot cheaper.

Of course, its not the same, and some people want the name. That's cool, but I thought I'd tell you either way :)

5. nealjpage

nealjpage multi format master in a film geek package

Photos OK to edit
    Is that a camera in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?