Moral dilemma

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Darfion, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Darfion

Darfion Soapbox guru...

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Here's a dilemma for you....

Answer on your honour and dignity - what would you do?

This test only has one question, but it's a very important one.

Please don't answer it without giving it some serious thought. By giving an honest answer you will be able to test where you stand morally. The test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation, where you will have to make a decision one way or the other.

Remember that your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous.

Please scroll down slowly and consider each line - this is important for the test to work accurately.

You're in the UK, England...In London, to be exact... There is great chaos going on around you, caused by a hurricane and severe floods. There are huge masses of water all over you. You are a BBC photographer and you are in the middle of this great disaster. The situation is nearly hopeless.

You're trying to shoot very impressive photos. There are houses and people floating around you, disappearing into the water. Nature is showing all its destroying power and is ripping everything away with it.

Suddenly you see a woman in the water, she is fighting for her life, trying not to be taken away by the masses of water and mud. You move closer. Somehow the woman looks familiar.

Suddenly you know who it is - it's Margaret Thatcher!

At the same time you notice that the raging waters are about to take her away, forever. You have two options. You can save her or you can take the best photo of your life. So you can save the life of Margaret Thatcher, or you can shoot a Pulitzer prize winning photo, a unique photo displaying the death of one of Britains most powerful women.

And here's the question (please give an honest answer):

Would you select colour film, or would you rather go with classic black and white?

2. Chase

Chase I am now benign! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I think I would have to go with B&W to fully capture the mood of the scene :lol:

3. voodoocat

voodoocat ))<>(( Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I heard that with George Bush as the subject.

I supposed I would go with whatever film was already loaded into my camera :D

4. tr0gd0o0r

tr0gd0o0r TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    my digital camera would be able to do whichever i chose later

5. Dew

Dew TPF Noob!

i would go with b&w ... i would shoot quickly and then swim over to save her, but we'd both drown cause i cant swim :lol:

but i would pick saving a life than taking a photo .... there will be more moments to fame ... but not at the risk of one's life .... i wouldnt be able to sleep if i let her drown ... the guilt would ruin me :?

6. Kent Frost

Kent Frost TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I would choose color film.....which can be printed on BW paper later if I chose. Not only that, but if I DID shoot in color then I would be able to apply color filters to the enlarger to print on BW....this will give me the the opportunity as if I HAD been shooting with BW film, but with colored filters.

Depending on the BW paper you choose, color film printed that way can be very attractive. ;-)

7. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Oh, I'd go for the B&amp;W too....get that raw feeling. Could always hand tint it later for more visual impact. :wink:

I knew this was going somewhere devious but, unlike Voo, I hadn't heard it with Thatcher OR Bush..... &lt;snicker>

8. havoc

havoc Jedi something or other

Well..... If it was George Bush, i wouldn't bother with what type of film, i would rush over to save him, drag him to safety, listen to his praises, then i would tell him that he is the right hand of Satan, and get a quick snapsot of his face as i kick him in the nuts and push him back into the water :)

Now thats a Pulitzer Moment :wink: :wink: :wink:

9. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

i would draw her drowning.

md

10. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

bump

11. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Gotta agree with that and just as what might be an interesting aside and to thoroughly P/O all the lefties out there I helped to vote both of them into office.

12. carlita

carlita TPF Noob!

this is bothering me now because i know i heard it several years ago and can't remember who it was about... wasn't thatcher or bush though. argh.