Im still playing with different treatments for my IR photos

Second exposure used for color
house4cr.jpg

red and blue channel switched
bridge5bz.jpg

red and blue channel switched
picture0377rc.jpg

Thanks for looking

Holy cow. These are really amazing. The first shot could be a greeting card. Excellent work.!!!

The top image certainly doesn't look like an IR shot, but it is still very nice. Looks like a desaturated fall-type image, but I think it looks great here under that gray, wintry sky. Very nice! :)

I don't care for the last two, sorry, just not my thing. :)

Love the last...can you explain your processing a bit more on that one? Love the first one too :)

I LOVE :lovey: the third one! Makes me want to run out and buy some IR film to shoot. The trees are really cool.

Thanks everyone! Jon thanks alot for the link, it should be helpful I never thought of selectivly desaturating certain hues. I will give it a try in a bit and let you know how it works.

Amanda the processing on the last two is pretty simple. I did a color balance in adobe's RAW editer by using the eyedropper and selecting something that should have been neutral, the image still had a red tint but now it looked more natural.

Then once I had the image in PS I switched the red and blue channels useing the channel mixer. In the channel mixer select the red channel and set red to 0% and blue to 100% then select the blue channel and set blue to 0% and red to 100%.

After that I just did a quick level adjustment.

Ahhh...I've never tried shooting them in RAW format...I'll have to give that a whirl :)

eromallagadnama said:
Ahhh...I've never tried shooting them in RAW format...I'll have to give that a whirl :)

You should see a big difference in the end result shooting in RAW. Try it out, you wont go back :)

WOW, I can't thank you enougth for the tip. I had heard that other people use alternatives to adobe's RAW editer but I had never bothered to try one. I downloaded
Raw Shooters essentials and gave it a try and boy was I impressed. Very intuitive and streamlined. It runs ALOT faster then the adobe editer on my system. It seems to give alot more control over the contrast as well.

Jon I got some great ideas from the link you gave me Im still playing with a few things but I think I have a pretty good workflow now that improves upon the one in the tutorial.

Here is one of the images from above reworked with Raw Shooters essentials.
Thanks again guys.
picture004018qq.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back