More Backyard Photo Fun...Well I Think

clarbin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm almost ready to leave the confines of my backyard and bust loose with camera & tripod to explore worlds unknown.

Comments are welcome.

1:

342590148_Wb6Vd-L.jpg

2:

342590379_uEcu3-L.jpg

3:

346064788_2uM6r-L.jpg

4:

346116089_6KwZK-L.jpg

5:

346376046_DzmVD-L.jpg

6:

346376095_x2nMX-L.jpg

7:

342543712_JuF28-L.jpg

8:

342643000_qLvvB-L.jpg

9:

345482328_855Wx-L.jpg

I like the colors in picture #1.

I think subject is too much to left on picture #2 and #8 and a little too small on picture #5.

I like the colors in picture #1.

I think subject is too much to left on picture #2 and #8 and a little too small on picture #5.

Thanks for the comments, but I don't think you always want to center everything.

I sort of agree on #8, but don't know what you mean on #5.

a little too small on picture #5.

Not sure I follow you unless you got the number wrong, the subject in #5 is filling a pretty substantial frame.

Overall some nice shots although I think you could do with centering your subject a bit less, rule of thirds and all that.

I like the colours and texture of #3 but a slightly deeper DOF would bring the full flower into focus while keeping the blur in the background. As it is the right hand side is very fuzzy while the left is sharp throwing the image off balance slightly. A little more contrast would bring out the detail too but I'm not sure what that would do to the background.

I like the colours and texture of #3 but a slightly deeper DOF would bring the full flower into focus while keeping the blur in the background. As it is the right hand side is very fuzzy while the left is sharp throwing the image off balance slightly. A little more contrast would bring out the detail too but I'm not sure what that would do to the background.

I like 3 as well.

It looks almost 3 dimensional. A darker background may make it pop more, but I like the color contrast.

Thanks for the comments!

sorry, you are right, I meant #4. The grass is dominent and bright in the lower portion which catch my attention on the first sight, almost as much as the subject itself. All this to say that the subject doesn't step out as much as on the other pictures.

#1 looks amazing.. great work!

Im not big on close up shots. but the last three are great shots.
on the last one since you had already lost so much of the color in the sky and don't really need a pop as much you could try some contrast or you coulda under exposed it a little i guess to get the fore ground entirely black. it has a little light in the bottom right corner that's kinda distracting. it would deepen the purple a little and darken that whole shrubbed area.

it has a little light in the bottom right corner that's kinda distracting. it would deepen the purple a little and darken that whole shrubbed area.

I didn't even notice it until you mentioned it, but you're right.

Thanks for the comments.

Most reactions

Back