More Before Sunrise

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sunrise at Indian Cove in Joshua Tree National Park, comes a little later because of the steep mountains to the east. The ambient light can be quite interesting to work with.

740-r7730.jpg

740-r7724.jpg

400-r7738ic.jpg

400-35-36-37ic-v2.jpg

338-r7789.jpg

Wow I love your shots they are very beautiful.....great light.

Wow I love your shots they are very beautiful.....great light.

Thank you, I appreciate that. I must say though, they are a result of having absolutely nothing better to do.

Every time I see a post by you in this particular forum I HAVE to take a look! ;) You sure make me want to move back to the southwest.

I lived in Colorado on the western slope for almost three years... wish we never left. The east coast attitude is sooooooo different.

Anyways, just wanted to say that I just love your photos.

ttfn
CDL.

Maybe it's that you were just lucky to be in the right place at the right time, but all of these are excellent shots! Very nice composition and editing on all of them...no to mention interesting subjects to shoot. Can I ask what kind of equipment you're using?

I love the way you have caught the colours in #4.

Thank you. The little cove/canyon area has some unique light properties.

Every time I see a post by you in this particular forum I HAVE to take a look! ;) You sure make me want to move back to the southwest.

I lived in Colorado on the western slope for almost three years... wish we never left. The east coast attitude is sooooooo different.

Anyways, just wanted to say that I just love your photos.

ttfn
CDL.

Very cool. I'm glad I'm getting it right. Thanks. :)

Maybe it's that you were just lucky to be in the right place at the right time, but all of these are excellent shots! Very nice composition and editing on all of them...no to mention interesting subjects to shoot. Can I ask what kind of equipment you're using?

Thank you.

I've felt I've been in the right place at the right time for a little over 22 years now. I love living in the high desert in California. It's just so weird.

These shots were done with a nikon d80 and sigma 10-20mm lens. Settings were 100 iso, f22 (or higher if I could bend the button that far), and a cable remote trigger for exposures anywhere from 3 secs to 1/4sec.

I've recently upgraded to a nikon d300 and switched the sigma 10-20 over to it. Once I find a remote cable trigger for it the long exposure fun begins. I've been able to get f32 and f37 in conditions that the d80 can only go down to f22, f27. I'm hoping to get a better/fuller depth of field.

Processing is done with Photoshop cs2 from RAW format, with the exception of #4 with is an hdr from 3 .jpg exposures ran through photomatix first.

Thanks for the info! Very nice shots!

#4 does it for me

Most reactions

Back