More shots of birds in flight

CLICK IMAGES FOR HIGH RES VERSIONS

Lanner Falcon

Peregrine Falcon

Griffon Vulture

Can't remember what Vulture this is

Bald Eagle

Black Kite

you have been to that place again, havent you...
Awesome captures. Love the falcons, small as they are, they always put on a good show :)
And i think #4 is a Hooded Vulture, not totally sure though.

The bald eagle is my favorite here. Look like he/she is about to go dive after it's food!!!

Love the images!!! 2 and 5 are simply extreme! Excellent work!

you have been to that place again, havent you...
Awesome captures. Love the falcons, small as they are, they always put on a good show :)
And i think #4 is a Hooded Vulture, not totally sure though.

I was missing the place so had to go back

yep, Hooded Vulture.

very nice shots!, love the Eagle, was it diving to catch prey?

cheers
It was diving to get the food on the glove

The bald eagle is my favorite here. Look like he/she is about to go dive after it's food!!!

spot on

Love the images!!! 2 and 5 are simply extreme! Excellent work!

many thanks

I would like to make a move to limiting LP to 1 photo a day - All these impressive shots all together is very intimidating (and also inspiring)
Again more wonderful work - the last 2 are stunning.
Out of interest do you use flash fill at all, only all the birds appear to have good lighting on the fronts facing the camera - or is it a case of good positioning (and if so how do you position yourself for an arial show to get the light right?)

I'm intrigued on how you find all these birds in what seems to be one day! I mean, I see maybe one or two bald eagles a YEAR! So many birds of prey in one spot in one day... wow.

I also find it amazing that you can capture something as fast as a falcon and make it look so effortless...:hail:Teach us your ways... :)

psssst senor - I think the only way - besides ritual sacrifice - is bird centres ;)
Get a display going and you can see several birds in flight - course there is the lack of strings on their legs (I forget the proper name) in these shots - so I take it to be pp editing (if not and these are wild then....well....can I call you god LP?)

psssst senor - I think the only way - besides ritual sacrifice - is bird centres ;)
Get a display going and you can see several birds in flight - course there is the lack of strings on their legs (I forget the proper name) in these shots - so I take it to be pp editing (if not and these are wild then....well....can I call you god LP?)

Oh. :blushing: I've never heard of a bird center other than at zoos and whatnot where they're in their glass cages. Its still amazing, though.

I would like to make a move to limiting LP to 1 photo a day - All these impressive shots all together is very intimidating (and also inspiring)
Again more wonderful work - the last 2 are stunning.
Out of interest do you use flash fill at all, only all the birds appear to have good lighting on the fronts facing the camera - or is it a case of good positioning (and if so how do you position yourself for an arial show to get the light right?)

I never use flash when shooting wildlife, I make do with whatever light there is. I've lost count of the times I've been to The Hawk Conservancy, so I know where the sun will be and I know the displays pretty well

I'm intrigued on how you find all these birds in what seems to be one day! I mean, I see maybe one or two bald eagles a YEAR! So many birds of prey in one spot in one day... wow.

I also find it amazing that you can capture something as fast as a falcon and make it look so effortless...:hail:Teach us your ways... :)

Sadly we dont have many big birds in the UK so I make do with either wild Red Kites or I go to a bird of prey centre

They are called jesses, some of their birds have then, the Bald Eagle has two long ones http://www.hardpointphotography.fotopic.net/p40216468.html but because of sharp turn it made they are behind its wings. I never clone out them out I just try and use the shots were they are hidden http://www.hardpointphotography.fotopic.net/c1088739_1.html

excellent shots, well done

thank you

All amazing shots i love the Griffon Vulture one of my fav birds, my miss wont let me have one dont no why?

Its probably because the bird is bigger than you Aidy, it would eat you for breakfast mate

Most reactions

New Topics

Back