more church

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
these were taken in the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. this is just one of many worship halls in this structure; i especially liked the ceiling design:

15937446-L.jpg

these walls contain over 50,000 names of priests and nuns who have since passed:

15937443-L.jpg

i liked the crosses:

15937447-L.jpg

When I look at these pictures, I actually feel like I'm standing right there!!

WOW AGAIN and AGAIN!!! You never cease to amaze me JonMikal!!! The lighting in your pics is always spot on, it definitely sets the mood in these especially!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: Two thumbs up :)

Second and final shot are pretty strong - nice work.

First shot leaves me thinking I've missed something - maybe I have!

Good work though - third shot should be a gallery shot - seen it done hundreds of times before but works well here.

Great work! Can you tell us the setting. I figure 1600iso hand held or 200iso with a tripod. Very hard conditions to shoot in. I like all three for different reasons.

Eric

(sits shaking head) Wonderful, warm photos.

:thumbsup:

I hope you never get tired of posting photos here.

AIRIC said:
Great work! Can you tell us the setting. I figure 1600iso hand held or 200iso with a tripod. Very hard conditions to shoot in. I like all three for different reasons.

Eric

that's what I was going to ask.... not sure how people would feel about a guy standing there with a tripod in church ;)

I love the lighting on the 2nd shot there

thanks guys!

no tripod - 200iso. i rig ways to brace and use the self timer; allows me to concentrate on being steady.

AIRIC said:
Dude! :hail: That is pretty steady. The exposure had to be a least a second or two.

Eric

don't get me wrong...i use props i.e. camera bags etc to help out occasionally and will luck out handholding once in a blue moon. what helps me is shutter priority coupled with raw settings...sometimes i up the iso but not for these.

Most reactions

Back