More Cuba shots

surfingfireman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Spent a day in Havana but didn't have nearly enough time to get the pictures I was hoping for, quite disappointing. Didn't help that I was with 4 non photogs, who were not all that keen in waiting for the artsy photog to get the shots he wanted. Here are the few that I am actually willing to show in public.

alleytocapitol6us.jpg

car19gu.jpg

dancing0ys.jpg

garlictruck7af.jpg

lampstobuilding4rb.jpg

All taken with Minolta Maxxm 7, 24-105D lens with Moose warming polarizer filter and Fuji Reala 100 film.

Oh, surfingfireman, I'm glad you at least like to show these in public, for they are great and full of atmosphere.
I can't even tell you which I like best, for they all have their own merits.
But the dancing couple speaks most.
Followed by the man on the back of the truck.
And I like the colours in the second photo and the line of columns leading one's eye to the high-risen building in the last.
What brought you to Cuba in the first place?

surfingfireman said:
Spent a day in Havana but didn't have nearly enough time to get the pictures I was hoping for, quite disappointing. Didn't help that I was with 4 non photogs, who were not all that keen in waiting for the artsy photog to get the shots he wanted.

Photographing is best done alone IMO. You got some good shots. My fave is the old man and woman dancing, he looks so happy, but then so would I if I was dancing with her.. ;-)

Turn some of these *Like #1* to black and white...may give some nice results.
But anyways, Great shots, youve done those areas justice :)

I really like these! Love the shot of them dancing! I also really enjoy the pic of the car.
Though they do make me a little jealous that you got to go somewhere warm!

Well thanks for all the kind words everyone. I will have to fess up a little in regards to the dancing picture. A "real" photographer was doing a photo shoot in the square. They set up the model with a local guy (who was a street musician) to dance around. The pro photog was using medium format but I just snuck up beside her and took a shot of my own.

For the guy in the back of the truck, I saw him go by me but I couldn't get a shot in time. I had to chase the truck down the street a couple blocks. Luckily traffic was busy enough to slow down or stop the truck enough time to allow me to catch up. I just wish that rope wasn't cutting him in half.

Once again thanks for the comments.

Most reactions

Back