Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, two more of Dartmoor ...

1: tree
dartmoor02_056.jpg

2: a logan rock at sunset
dartmoor02_057.jpg

nice shots alex... those haggard tree's are always good to capture... logan rock sounds familiar... iv probably been there at some point ;)

Thanks

nice shots alex... those haggard tree's are always good to capture...

yes, but I could maybe have gone for a better perspective for this one ;)

logan rock sounds familiar... iv probably been there at some point ;)
well, as far as I know there are several "logan rocks" around there ... it only means that one rock is balance horizontally on another one .. and it looks as if you could rock it forth and back and eventually throw it down.. but of course you cannot do that with some tons of stone ;)

A centred tree :wink: .... in some wonderful light! Yes, the light in that one is extra special, and a bit of creative cropping could easily solve "the problem" (I know it isn't any of yours, Alex :wink: ) of the centred tree, too.

The second does not do too much for me ... I miss the focal point. The silhouetted rocks and the clouds are both nice, and the extra rocks on the rocks are also interesting, but ... somehow ... :scratch: ... I still miss a focal point there.

A centred tree :wink: .... in some wonderful light! Yes, the light in that one is extra special, and a bit of creative cropping could easily solve "the problem" (I know it isn't any of yours, Alex :wink: ) of the centred tree, too.

come on, I do not always disagree with you .. actually I feel the same, the tree is either too centred or too far away.. I think the composition on this one is boring ;)

The second does not do too much for me ... I miss the focal point. The silhouetted rocks and the clouds are both nice, and the extra rocks on the rocks are also interesting, but ... somehow ... :scratch: ... I still miss a focal point there.

yes, I had some trouble getting an acceptable composition here, I totally agree.
Still I posted it as i do like the shilouette somehow

I like those a lot.
I really want to go where that tree is

Hey Alex,been a while!Did you have a good christmas?

thanks, yes! .. and spent a very quiet new year in the uk ;) And got meself a little precious as a present ;) Hope things were good for you too!

Looks like you won our bet then.lol.

Yes, you made it too easy for me. ... dissapearing right after we started ;)

No 1 is the winner for me.The foreground in the second is a little to dark for me.

lol, a good way of saing it... I'd say it is pitch black, not just dark ;) And that is what it was like at sunset. ... but one could argue about the crop, maybe less of the rocks and more sky ... not sure.- -

Or maybe you could have braketed for the foreground then the sky and put the two together.

no, there was literally NO light on the foreground.. the sun is just setting behind those rocks. i remember i had trouble finding my way back a few minutes later as it was very black all around me ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back