More Fogo Island Images - Loving This Lens!

camperbc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are two from yesterday, again in the town of Tilting, and taken using the new Sony 18-55mm SAM DT lens on my Sony Alpha. After spending some time with this lens, I can already see that it is better in every aspect than the old 18-70mm kits lens. No softness at all, sharp and clear right out to the corners, and very little barrel distortion, even at full wide. I am in fact totally amazed at how razor sharp it is at all ranges. The color rendering reminds me very much of the old Minolta glass.

A fantastic lens at a very reasonable price; in my opinion the best quality and value going, at least for this type of photography.

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland : about my photography:

DSC02096a1000pix.jpg

DSC02087a800pixc.jpg

Fogo Island is a beautiful place. I took the boat down there last summer. You did really good with these. I like them alot.

For me, it's that first shot all the way! It's a 'typical' Newfoundland scene (so strikes a chord in me for that reason alone), your composition rocks, and it's nice and sharp. Love love love it!!!

I really like them,
In Landscape photography, the horizon shouldnt be centered but sometimes the sky and the foreground are so interesting that its a must to include both as much as possible...

Ghache, I couldn't agree with you more. I am always a little bothered by people who feel they must adhere to the so-called experts' "rule of thirds" and other so-called rules. I consider myself a bit of a rebel, and am constantly striving to show that rules were meant to be broken. Take the second photograph for instance. Had the image been cropped to either show more sky or more of the wharf, the result would have been far less dramatic, in my opinion. Some of my best landscape work is a result of breaking "the rules"!
Thanks for your kind comments,
Glen

Most reactions

New Topics

Back