More From New Kit Lens - Fogo Island

camperbc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have since recovered from my May 19th trek on the Lion's Den Trail high above the town of Fogo, so I decided yesterday to do a little more exploring. It amazes me just how little of this island I have actually covered (photographed) and how much more I have yet to see; I believe it will take a lifetime to capture all 254 square kms of Fogo Island!

Anyway, here are a few taken yesterday (June 2nd) with my Sony Alpha and new 18-55mm kit lens. I was better prepared this time, and brought along my water bottle! I am ordering a Lowepro Slingshot camera backpack, which should be much more comfortable than carrying my heavy and bulky suitcase-style camera cases everywhere I go.

Again today, my poor upper spine is paying a heavy price for yesterday's punishment, and I am writing this while lying flat on my back in bed, (in a Percocet haze, no less!) but it was worth it! I aim to see and do as much as I possibly can, before I totally lose my mobility and wish I had done more while I could. So I will lay low for a week or so, and hopefully be back on the hunt for more scenic Fogo Island views in the coming weeks.

As usual, all of these are taken handheld, including the panorama of three images stitched together using Microsoft ICE. (Why did I buy this tripod??)

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland : about my photography:

DSC02309a800pix.jpg

DSC02341a900pix.jpg

DSC02364a900pix.jpg

DSC02347_stitcha1000pix.jpg

Fogo Island Photography: Focus On Newfoundland : about my photography:
Fogo Island Journal: THE FOGO ISLAND JOURNAL

Again today, my poor upper spine is paying a heavy price for yesterday's punishment, and I am writing this while lying flat on my back in bed
Yeh you too ? I fell two feet on my ankle , which caused a high ankle sprain. And every damn morning I'm in agony as the blood rushes back down into my leg. Now on to your pictures. #3 is in my opinion your best capture. The gritty noisy texture is just awesome and sets it apart from the rest. Edit: The picture could be a little brighter.

Last edited:
great shots!

Glen
I really enjoy looking at your photos. I like the way you finish them in PP.

Glen
I just did a google search of Fogo Island.
Population just over 2700.

I find it just so 21st century that a person living on that small island out in the North East portion of North America can be in instant contact with people all over the globe.
Do you live on the island?

Yeah good colours...love how u catch the musk on the rocks...

I really liked your series of photos. This looks to be a great location, very photogenic. But on my screen the blues seem a bit too saturated, the sky is fine just the water looks a bit off. IMHO

Doug, sorry to disappoint, but you could not be more wrong. That is exactly the way the water looks in this part of the world. People come from around the globe to see that wonderful shade of blue.
So no, your monitor isn't acting up... nor am I photoshopping the pics.

Doug, sorry to disappoint, but you could not be more wrong. That is exactly the way the water looks in this part of the world. People come from around the globe to see that wonderful shade of blue.
So no, your monitor isn't acting up... nor am I photoshopping the pics.

Well I sit corrected. The good news is at least it is not my monitor.;)

#2 belongs on the wall, or a calender. Its very visually appealing to me. Strong lines, contrast and nothing is overly dominant or distracting.

The rest are very nice, but I find myself staring at #2

Most reactions

Back