More from Newcastle

triggerhappy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
A couple more photos from my recent trip up to Newcastle.

original.jpg

original.jpg

what the heck kinda building is that???? lol, its awesome, but what the heck? thats some...building

I love that second pic. It would look amazing with a bright blue sky behind it.

At first I thought it was a reflection, that is too cool.

wow, what a cool looking building!! the grey sky really seems to work with the color of the building... i like the 2nd pic more

this is a good capture, just a shame about the sky being as duss as it was in those pictures

I dunno. I like the grey sky. It looks like a giant liquid blob and you're seeing the sky reflected through it. I'd still be interested to see it with a blue sky. It'd have a totally different feel to it.
Well done triggerhappy. :)

Thanks again all!

Miles, I know what you mean about the sky. The weather was really rubbish while we were there so not much to go on.

ferny/craig. Glad you liked the sky in the second pic. It was really nice to end up with a little contrast for a change, rather then the bland overcast sky that I got in all the others.

Actually, a friend of mine works for the company that built the thing. He was telling me that they had real difficulty getting all the panes of glass in place. Scaffolding doesn't really work for something that shape. Apparently they ended up getting guys to absail down the building carrying the panes of glass. Crazy or what?! :shock:

Interesting fact on the building. I could only imagine the challenge of getting the glass into place. I am guessing that details were somewhat ironed out before construction. I am also guessing that everyone was proud to be working on such a beautiful project

love the 2nd one, only problem with the first is the dozer in the BG but thats it still an awsome pic :)

I too think the sky is great in the second shot. A clear blue sky lends to boring pics. For me, the more drama created in a composition, the better the pic.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back