More from RSPB Loch Garten

Nice red squirrel. I don't think we have any of those over here, just grey ones and black ones.

Don't know my little birds, so can't say if we have any of those over here either - rather doubt it.

WesternGuy

Nice red squirrel. I don't think we have any of those over here, just grey ones and black ones.

Don't know my little birds, so can't say if we have any of those over here either - rather doubt it.

WesternGuy

Thanks mate. Yeah, we have grey squirrels here, they are a bit of a pest as it's the red ones that are indigenous but the grey's push them out. Don't see the red ones where I live in the central belt so it's reasonably unusual to see them. They are small and super fast too.

The finches can be quite cool with the males often having good colours though they are hard to tell apart at times, the adult shiskine is very distinctive with yellow green and black colours. The chaffinch is quite common. Didn't manage to spot any crested tits, which are rare but there seemed to be a good population there.

Love the red squirrel. We do have red squirrels in Ontario but they are the American Red squirrel which is quite different than Europe. Your grey squirrels are the same as ours and in fact cam from North America so not native to the UK. I think I heard somewhere that there is a disease killing off your red squirrels.

Nice set but i dont think that is a siskin looks like a type of thrush

Love the red squirrel. We do have red squirrels in Ontario but they are the American Red squirrel which is quite different than Europe. Your grey squirrels are the same as ours and in fact cam from North America so not native to the UK. I think I heard somewhere that there is a disease killing off your red squirrels.

Thanks mate, aye theres a few up North and in the Borders but mostly greys in the central belt.

Nice set but i dont think that is a siskin looks like a type of thrush
Thanks mate, I don't think its a siskin either but was having difficulty with the ID. Having done a bit of googling I think it's actually an immature robbin

I really like the feather texture in the first one.

Thanks mate!

Nice set.
Must try and get to Loch Garten some time soon.

Thanks, it was good but they'd lost the male osprey, so no chicks and the female was not spending a lot of time on the nest. Gonna try Loch of the Lowes next time, they apparently have two breeding pairs

Thanks, it was good but they'd lost the male osprey, so no chicks and the female was not spending a lot of time on the nest. Gonna try Loch of the Lowes next time, they apparently have two breeding pairs
Sorry to hear about the male osprey.
I was up at Loch of the Lowes last month. From the hide you can only see 1 nest, which had 2 osprey chicks.

I nice shots weepete, I recently went there a few months back and got absolutely nothing lol. oh wait I did get a photo of the Osprey nest, was quite gutted at the distance it was from the hide. Was a nice walk though and my pug enjoyed playing in the loch

Sorry to hear about the male osprey.
I was up at Loch of the Lowes last month. From the hide you can only see 1 nest, which had 2 osprey chicks.

Thanks for the heads up mate, how'd you get on with the adults?
This is taken from the hide at Loch of the Lowes last month.
The image has been cropped.
Osprey nest.jpg

I nice shots weepete, I recently went there a few months back and got absolutely nothing lol. oh wait I did get a photo of the Osprey nest, was quite gutted at the distance it was from the hide. Was a nice walk though and my pug enjoyed playing in the loch

Thanks mate, aye there was a wee distance from the nest to the hide but still worth a trip imo

Most reactions

New Topics

Back