More from the market..

Jzero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
ronunna.googlepages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taking pictures of fruit and vegetables isn't quite as straight forward as it may seem. Wandering around the local market taking pictures made the vendors feel uneasy. It took a while to break the ice and convince them that I do not work for the tax authorities...

1. The onion stall
IMG_0849.jpg

2. The fellow standing behind the onion stall
IMG_0851.jpg

3. Radishes
Radishes.jpg

4. Olives
IMG_0862.jpg

5. Peppers (attempted DOF)
IMG_0853.jpg

6. Making a statement
IMG_0842.jpg

J

Some nice photos in there. You did good with the exposure, not usually an excessive amount of light at farmer's markets. They've alwways been a favorite with me.

I think there is some good framing going on :) and very intense colours. However often things are not too well in focus on these images, ...

I mean, in 2 it is shallow DOF, that is clear. I would prefer to have the face to be in focus as well, not just the onions. But that is just my personal taste ;)

However,3 and 4 don't seem to be in focus anywhere. I wonder if you simply got too close to everything so your lens could not focus anymore?

Intense colours!

DOF ought to have been deeper for the onion seller, I think. And the radishes seem to show camera shake, more than anything else. The light must have been really low and you handheld every one of these, I am sure.

I still think that the front part of the photo of the olives is in focus and sharp, too. But without your explanation I would not have recognised them as olives :oops: ...

I like the peppers best and your attempted DOF works. Cool. :D

I still think that the front part of the photo of the olives is in focus and sharp,

errm, damn, my brain is apparently upside down today ;) so everyone please forget about my being-toó-close-to-the-subject comment ;)

I think there is some good framing going on :) and very intense colours. However often things are not too well in focus on these images, ...

I mean, in 2 it is shallow DOF, that is clear. I would prefer to have the face to be in focus as well, not just the onions. But that is just my personal taste ;)

However,3 and 4 don't seem to be in focus anywhere. I wonder if you simply got too close to everything so your lens could not focus anymore?

Thanks for your comments Alex.

You are correct. Shortly (about half an hour) before taking these pictures I bought a new lens for my camera, a Sigma 18-125mm F3.5-5.6 DC and these pictures reflect a bit of 'trial and error' on my part as I was playing around and trying to figure out the qualities of the lens. It is quite possible that I got a little too close to the subjects and the lens simply could not focus.

J

Intense colours!

DOF ought to have been deeper for the onion seller, I think. And the radishes seem to show camera shake, more than anything else. The light must have been really low and you handheld every one of these, I am sure.

I still think that the front part of the photo of the olives is in focus and sharp, too. But without your explanation I would not have recognised them as olives :oops: ...

I like the peppers best and your attempted DOF works. Cool. :D

I think you are right about the radishes LaFoto, but you know what they say..... "some radishes are sharper than others" :D

I am still climbing a steep learning curve regarding all things relating to DOF, lighting and so forth (and will probably continue to climb for quite some time to come)

Thanks as always for your valuable comments.

J

I like the colour in 3

Most reactions

Back