More from Turkey

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
To begin with, these are photos taken in Istanbul. After two days in Istanbul, we travelled alongside the Turkish west coast, going from excavation site to excavation site, so if I hadn't worked on my photos fast, I'd now no longer know which "old rubbles" belong to which famous place from thousands of years ago.

But at first, we were in Istanbul, like I said. I've so far resized for web-presentation 21 photos. Not all of those will go into this thread, of course. But I might have the odd pic for you to look at. Many were failures. I made a lot of mistakes, underestimating the strength of the sun that far south, not wanting to realise that my Sigma lens is definitely broken, daring too much in too dark situations and all those mistakes ... ah well. Time for photography was not given... it was a guided group trip!

1. As a kind of introduction
2978418868_e46a05a7fc_o.jpg

2. Taken through the plane window - landing approach to Kemal Atatürk Airport in Istanbul
2977559661_2bd2612552_o.jpg

3. The Bazaar - these aimed primarily at the colours I saw there
2977560375_c4cd27a525_o.jpg

2977560915_5e38c5defd_o.jpg

2978418530_1831778e5c_o.jpg

More later.
The whole experience was definitely worth it, though I would not necessarily make group trips my favourite style of travelling, and I would wish to have a lot (!) more time for my photography while abroad, just so many of the mistakes I made could (possibly/hopefully) be avoided...

all great pictures, the one out the plane window is cool, it came out very good for being shot out a window.

Thanks a lot for your comments, Resin, Mersad and Toast. And well, yes, that photo through the plane window was one out of several that worked (sharp), but it was a lot bluer originally, I had to shift colours quite a bit to make it look more "natural", those windows ARE tinted blue!

It was not too difficult to find colours on the bazaar. It was harder to find them on all the archaeological sites we visited...

Today I got a request (by e-mail, by "LaFoto'sSister") to present the tea glass photo in a selective colouring version. She feels, such version might hurt her eyes somewhat less than these intense colours do. So I created it for her.

2985849217_c9f9b8a6a1_o.jpg

Usually, selective colouring (in my understanding) is mostly for play. To see what CAN be done, but not necessarily something I feel I must do to my photos. But upon request ... why not... ;) ?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back