More LEICA experiments

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some more of the photos I took to finally fill the roll of film that had been sitting in the Leica for months, I went out last Wednesday, into our drab, grey, dark, snow-free, far-too-warm-for-the-season January and walked from here to the neighbouring (tiny) village where I then took these:

16_Leica_Farbe_Okt06-Jan07_edit1.jpg

17_Leica_Farbe_Okt06-Jan07_edit1.jpg

18_Leica_Farbe_Okt06-Jan07_edit1.jpg

19_Leica_Farbe_Okt06-Jan07_edit1.jpg

20_Leica_Farbe_Okt06-Jan07_edit1.jpg

I am now only showing you my "Edit1" versions, i.e. those edits that tried to make the original scan resemble the prints I got most. I'll spare you any of the (sometimes up to 3) other edits I made of each of these, some of them only just crop-edits, others conversions with some tinting, some desaturations ... I feel I ought to bring out the Leica more. Only is presentation of the photos I get out of it such a difficulty with my scanner... :roll:

"Muddy feet" ... like ...

THIS?
011.jpg

No.
That only happened on Sunday, when everything in the woods nearby looked firm, only leaf-covered like this:

009.jpg

... and not even remotely like this:

008.jpg

But at that one point there was no firm ground under all those leaves :roll:

(These last three photos were not taken with the Leica, I got stuck in the mud with the 350D in hands, first time shooting only in RAW - yes. First time :oops: ).

Nice work LaFoto, your right the weather is similar, nasty. Looks as though the camera works great..
Cosmo

The scanner invariably blows out the sky, the real prints are not this white and show detail in the sky in each of these (the first!) five pictures. Now matter how I tried, I could not regain that fact. So the prints show the low-hanging grey clouds, the scans here unfortunately don't.

I might even become BOLD and also post photos that I took with the LEICA back in summer!?!? :greenpbl:

:scratch: I don't understand what I am looking at? Is it a burned out house?:scratch:

Which one, that dirty, gritty farm?
No, it is just that: a RUNNING farm... in our horrible January weather!
I agree that the stable building - blackened as it is - looks like there once has been a fire inside. But today it is back to being a large cow shed.

Is composition any good in Photo 2 with the two forking roads, one leading past the farm (I had come that one from that faraway point, and that is also where my POV was when I took the first photo) and the other being the access path to the farm? Or is everything a bit centred? Alex might like it then, though
scratchchin.gif
...!?!?

And the other buildings also seemed to belong to that one farmstead, save the very last ones: on that one house was a sign saying "For Sale" ... if anyone's interested..........!?!?!?
Is it really that hard to make out?

OK, just to repeat my question: does the composition of this photo do anything to anyone of you or is it just "blah". If it is just "blah" then I sure need to practise the use the 35mm fixed focus lens (precisely the wide angle that it gives me) even more - which I feel I have to practise, anyway (!)

17_Leica_Farbe_Okt06-Jan07_edit1.jpg

To add to my question, here's another edit I created, which shows better what I think photos taken with this specific camera OUGHT to look like (i.e. I ought to work with black&white film and WOULD, if developing and printing weren't so very much more expensive and did not cost me about 30-times more!)

17_Leica_Farbe_Okt06-Jan07_edit3.jpg

The scanner invariably blows out the sky, the real prints are not this white and show detail in the sky in each of these (the first!) five pictures. Now matter how I tried, I could not regain that fact. So the prints show the low-hanging grey clouds, the scans here unfortunately don't.

I might even become BOLD and also post photos that I took with the LEICA back in summer!?!? :greenpbl:
I have an older Olympus ES-10 scanner and have the same problem. I think I going to invest into a graduated filter.
Coso

I like them the blown out sky everywhere is making things difficult :(

OK, overlook the sky ... use your imagination and think "In the prints there is a sky, even one that shows details of the low-hanging, grey clouds" ... and tell me your thoughts on composition.

For composition with this 35mm fixed focus lens is what I am struggling with most.

... and tell me your thoughts on composition.

For composition with this 35mm fixed focus lens is what I am struggling with most.

Get closer, and when you think you are close enough, go ahead and take 2 or 3 more big steps toward the subject. Feel too close? Then you're right where you want to be. :)

Most reactions

Back