More LEICA - in the summer (picture heavy!)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, my latest Leica-experiments were not my first, I filled another roll of film at some point in time in late summer.

Composition is my sorest point when working with it, I find I need to plan and think all differently from when I have a zoom lens to work with.

What do you say?

1. The railway station and tracks
leicafarbe11100604.jpg

2. The railway station - bicycle stand
leicafarbe11100605.jpg

3. The railway station - a bench
leicafarbe11100606.jpg

4. The railway station - one of the left-over old buildings
leicafarbe11100607.jpg

5. A house and old car
leicafarbe11100609.jpg

6. Small enterprise 1
leicafarbe11100608.jpg

7. Small enterprise 2
leicafarbe11100612.jpg

8. The petrol station
leicafarbe11100615.jpg

Well?
Composition?
Subjects?

I like #1 best.....has depth, definition and vanishing point, movement. Nice.

#3.....waiting for someone to wait for the train.

#4....ok.

#'s....2,5,6,7,8 Good snaps nice warm coloring.

Scanned prints ... my scanner - which has a device to scan negatives, too - no longer knows how to do so :roll:

I tried to scan the negative of 5 here, just to prove that I had not cropped off the tip of the roof there, but that it had been cropped off when the print was made, and the outcome was horrible. Unpresentable. But the tip of that roof - well, that part that looks so horribly cropped here - is there all right ;).

Yes, love the DOF of #3. Beautiful tone rendition too. To my eyes this is typical of the sort of results Leicas give, dreamy bokeh wonderfully understated colour rendtion with a great contrast. To me, rightly or wrongly, I always associate Leica with street and environmental portrait type shots, so (imo again) I prefer these to the landscape type shots.

I'd love to have a Leica to experiment on ... sigh ...

I like #1- makes me think of traveling through time to somewhere-destination unknown. #3 is kinda cool as well-makes me think of who has come and gone and who is yet to come. #4 is neat- makes me think of leaving a mark in time. Nice compositions. I guess this is from an "artistic" side. Nice series.

Wonderful shots.

#3 is beautifully framed with very pleasant OOf areas - aside from the work you did to achieve the shot, this shot really shows off the quality of the lens you used.

Tuna

Ah, thank you all, mostly so Mohain, Tuna, Tyson, Scooter ... all that is: I feel honoured to have got comments by Mohain and Tuna, I must say! :goodvibe:

When I got the prints back, also I liked the photos that here show as 3 and as 5 quite a bit, and immediately checked if I had really cropped off the roof in 5 (for there was no roof on the print), and I would have bitten myself if I had!

But on the negative the roof is there! ;) :D

I think I must work more with open apertures of between f4 and f2 ... and even better look out for motifs ... hard to come by in my surroundings, though. I feel I have meanwhile photographed every blade of grass and every twig that is around me...................................................... :roll:

I rather like #1, and the angles of #5; the rest don't do much for me. Your composition is pretty good, it us just that the subjects are a bit dull. To me, city shots are usually better in B&W.

Whenever I see public street shots of Germany, I'm always struck by how clean it is. Our public areas are much dirtier and more cluttered.

The railway station shot of #1 reminds me of the time I missed a train in Zürich when I was passing through. I was about 20 seconds late, but they don't mess around. The trains I normally ride range from 2-5 minutes late, when they're running on time. When they're late, they're up to 30 minutes late. Grr....

Do you have Kodak Tri-X in Germany? It is a classic, grainy, contrasty 400 speed B&W film. It is a favorite here in the US.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back