===> More Macro Questions Please! <===

PhotoPig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
:shock:

Hi again!

I have a 300D Canon. Just bought a Sigma 105mm 2.8 EX DG. Great lens. BUT ........ Not what I expected. I thought the detail would be greater than what I got (1:1). Ive been snooping around and NOW I see that alot of photogs are using 28mm 2.8's reversed with extension tubes. Should I ditch the Sigma and buy the latter........or can the Sigma be used with the reverse adapter as well (will it be a plus or a minus with a 105mm lens). Which lens' are more desireable for extreme close ups........for that matter what should I get soup to nuts?

Bottom line is Im on a budget, and I see that reverse adapters are in the neighborhood of 330 USD. Should I -

A) Keep the Sigma 105mm and save for the reverse adapter
B) return the 105mm, get the adapter and a 28mm 2.8

WHILE WERE ON THE TOPIC..........

Can someone explain the ratio of 2:8:1 (I know what 1:1, 1:2 etc means) but the Novaflex people advertise that a 25-105 mm lens gives 2:8 magnification at 255mm (and if thats so.....would that make the Sigma 105 desireable with the reverse lens?)/

THANKS A MILLION PEOPLE!!!!!!
Bill

OH......PS.......

Do I really need the Novaflex adapter or could I get buy with reverse rings/and maybe a 28mm attatched to the 105 with male threads?

Are you sure they are reversing it and using extension tubes? It seems to me, you would do one or the other.

If you use extension tubes, you decrease the minimum focus distance...allowing you to get closer.

If you use a reversing ring, you would reverse one lens onto the end of another. For example, you could reverse a 50mm onto the end of your 105 to get extreme magnification.

Big Mike said:
If you use a reversing ring, you would reverse one lens onto the end of another. For example, you could reverse a 50mm onto the end of your 105 to get extreme magnification.

There is a thread in the themes section that shows this method.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back