More Munchkin for CC....*overload warning.*

cailinp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Soooooo, I'm learning....or at least attempting to. I dragged the little munchkin out again to take some photos. Here are some that I got. Sorry for the overload. Please give me your honest .002 on what I can do to improve. Danke.

DSC_1342.jpg

DSC_1381.jpg

DSC_1404.jpg

DSC_1457.jpg

DSC_1491.jpg

DSC_1555.jpg

they all seem a bit soft to me. but that could be me lol

They probably are. I have been trying to teach myself to use manual focus. I know, I know. It's tough to do with a bouncing off the walls kid. I'm just not quick enough yet for it.

Awwww! What a lovely child. The first photo is the strongest. I really like the low camera angle, and the way her eyes are looking off in the distance. I think cropping a small amount off of the left side, or adding more canvas to the right hand side of the frame, would balance the composition out better, by giving her more space to "look into" than currently exists.

#2 has insufficient DOF. You could if you wanted, use the lasso tool and select the nearer areas of her face and then Sharpen them, fade that, the re-sharpen,and fade that, and in a small-sized image, sort of rescue the image a bit. Cute expression, nice moment, but technically not too good.

#3-It's okay. Pleasing, but nothing fantastic, nothing horrible though either. A nice family snap of your DD.

#4 toss it. #5 cute snap, shows her lovely eye color, and shows her in a frustrated moment, capturing part of the mercurial nature of little kids. Not great, but not bad either. My second-favorite of the bunch.

#6 I dunno...cute as a family snap, but not great. The white object in the background is a bit distracting.

off topic, did you edit the eyes? cause wow she has amazing eyes...the color...the vibrant colors...

back on topic...

they're all great snaps. i find number 1 is one that elevates itself from the everyday snap...even with its over exposure...i love how the focus of the image seems to be the eyes (im an eye person lol). theres also seems to be a story captured in 1...almost like a movie still....love it! (IMHO)

keep them all tho! which im sure you will do.

Last edited:
First off don't toss any of them. They r all precious. I love the colors and her skin tone. Believe me I TOTALLY understand the softness of the pics being due to a energetic child. I struggle with this hardcore and I find that getting sharp pics of children under the age of 7 is near impossible....unless they r newborn or sleeping. So I say good job!

sorry but this is bothering me: it would be 'your honest 0.02 cents worth' not 0.002; that would be a fraction of a penny :)

anyway, i like #5 the best.

Agree the eyes are amazing (edited or not). Contrast between her skin color and background isn't strong enough for me..... but love the composition of #1.

Thanks all. I did edit her eyes a bit. Nothing too over the top though. Just upped the clarity and saturation a tad.

Rusty...Thanks for the 2 cent clarification! Funny. =)

Derrel, I LOVE your cc on everyones photos. The good and the bad and the brutal honesty. I hope you know it is much appreciated! Great pointers with no sugar coating. I also only use Lightroom as Photoshop gives me a serious headache trying to figure out layers and masks. I will master it one day though. After I master the photo taking I guess.

The first three are my favorites even tho they are rather soft. I understand about taking pictures of children but the one complaint I would possibly make is, lobotomizing people in pictures. My mother-in-law does it in every single picture she takes even after I have explained it to her, whomp, there goes the top of another head. But very nice shots of a precious child.

amazing kid.no2 is my favourite . looks perfectly exposed to me plus a really cute expression on her face.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back