Alison

Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are my photos from the JT trip. I'll make the dislaimer now that I am a portrait photographer and I've taken very few landscape photos. But, I had fun trying and learned a few tips along the way.

#1 Vegetation near the campsite
castus3-small.jpg

#2 Self portrait in Chase's Rollei
ali-small.jpg

#3 One of the rare moments where we had some sun!
dam3-small.jpg

#4 Pano near the dam we visited
dam4-small.jpg

#5 Sun, to no sun back to bright sun in under 2 seconds!
dam6-small.jpg

#6 More from the dam
dam-small.jpg

#7 Random panoramic (i.e. I have no idea where I took this!)
deadtree2-small.jpg

#8 Street sign near the campsite
sign-small.jpg

#9 Joshua Tree in the campsite.
tree3-small.jpg

yeah...you did way better than i did.

"im not a landscape photographer"

alison, i hear what your sayin....but all i really hear is.."WHAHHHHHHWHAHHHHWHAHHH"

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

md

great shots Alison! love this spot! is this a place you will meet every year; or will it be a random site?

Thanks guys, it really was an amazing place to visit, I found it very hard to capture what I was seeing!

JonMikal, different place each year. The year before this was at Zion and I think we're tossing around Florida for next year.

Corry, yup he does and he even let me take my very first medium format photo with it :mrgreen:

You got some beauties there, my favourites are the b&w's, really lke the way you composed the first one and #5 has got a lot of mood to it. Good work indeed.

You already know that I love 'em. This should let you know that you're a wonderful photographer...no matter what the subject. :D

Alison those are great! You stayed in a lovely place!!

Fantastic shots! Of course I really like the self portrait. I love those rocks! It looks beautiful out there. I should have tried harder to get in gear and get out there.

Again; I am prod to say that I did not heed the 56k warning.

Good work! The fifth frame stands out for me. The moody light and composition really makes me feel like I am standing there. Sort of hard to believe that this place is even on planet Earth.

Craig, funny you say that, we joked that the landscape looks like the photos of Mars that we've seen. So, maybe NASA just slapped on a red filter and went to JT!

I wasn't sure how #5 would work (it was a favorite of Aubrey's so I posted it) glad to see some others like it as well. And Cruzin, #1 is my favorite, I think I will print and frame that one. I was very pleased with the b/w conversion on that one.

Thanks again everyone for looking. I hope we'll have an even bigger turn out for next year! I'll warn you though, it's dangerous to be around that many cameras, I've been bitten by the medium format bug after testing out the Rollei!!

MDowdey said:
yeah...you did way better than i did.

"im not a landscape photographer"

alison, i hear what your sayin....but all i really hear is.."WHAHHHHHHWHAHHHHWHAHHH"

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

md

ditto:hail: :hail: :hail:

Most reactions

Back