More of my Bay.... cc please

ababysean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just figured out today what manual focus really is! haha
I did not know you could turn the lens to focus on the D3000, I thought all you could do is zoom in/out....guh!

Fun things you learn while learning! :lol:

nzk4te.jpg

2v0yaa1.jpg

10n96i0.jpg

177c6p.jpg

25rlafm.jpg

I was hoping it was a horse but is the orange barrier to stop the oil leak ? i hope they can cap it off today

I really like number 2. Manual focus is an awesome thing!! Great job!

i hope they can cap it off today

From what I hear (inhouse sources), it went well and two of three holes are covered, and they inject a medium into the stream out of the third hole that prevents the oil from coming to the surface.

As to the new wisdom of the OP ;) ... CONGRATULATIONS.

And I find that photo of the oil barrier interesting. Were you on one of the boats bringing them out? The horizon is a tad crooked, easy to "repair", unless you WANT to keep the "shaky boat" feeling.

I like the first because of its intense colours, although I fail to understand what I'm looking at... :scratch:

The second ... we had that already.

The third ... that fence and shallow DOF ... Okay... I'm afraid it's one of the "every beginner MUST go through this stage"-photos. It doesn't speak to me (though believe me: I have the same kind of photos in my archives from times when shallow DOF fascinated me as much!)

The last ... don't speak too much to me.
But I'm happy for you that you found out about manual focussing! :D

haha ok the beginner DOF thingy, I love these photos....haha

The first one is a pelican, that is like 5 feet tall, very colorful.

I was on a pier, looking out... how would I fix the horizon? would I just crop it straight?

I may be totally off, but this isn't in Pensacola, FL is it?? I didn't think it was near the FL coast...... yet. Maybe 50 miles offshore though.

i hope they can cap it off today

From what I hear (inhouse sources), it went well and two of three holes are covered, and they inject a medium into the stream out of the third hole that prevents the oil from coming to the surface.

As to the new wisdom of the OP ;) ... CONGRATULATIONS.

And I find that photo of the oil barrier interesting. Were you on one of the boats bringing them out? The horizon is a tad crooked, easy to "repair", unless you WANT to keep the "shaky boat" feeling.

I like the first because of its intense colours, although I fail to understand what I'm looking at... :scratch:

The second ... we had that already.

The third ... that fence and shallow DOF ... Okay... I'm afraid it's one of the "every beginner MUST go through this stage"-photos. It doesn't speak to me (though believe me: I have the same kind of photos in my archives from times when shallow DOF fascinated me as much!)

The last ... don't speak too much to me.
But I'm happy for you that you found out about manual focussing! :D

+1

Born and raised in Pensacola, nice shots! The oil isnt there yet is it?

Most reactions

Back