More of the aboriginal anti-genocide rally

The shot immediately above (in post #14) really doesn't show much emotion or action; instead, what it shows are some people who appear to be wearing sun hats and sunglasses and wearing backpacks; what I can draw from that is that the event is going on in a climate where the sun is pretty strong. I see that the two women have similar hats, and similar neck bandanas, leading me to believe that they might possibly be domestic partners or very,very good friends, since they are dressed so similarly. The bandanas worn around the neck fits in with the new, youthful protest movement behavior, which is to pull the bandana up to cover one's face, so as to provide some anonymity against police and other protest photography.

But no, this sample photo is not showing me any real "action", either physical or implied...it's just not conveying much to me. And I do not understand why you're shooting with such shallow depth of field...it's not really helping, but in fact, I think the shallow DOF is reducing the impact, by not allowing us to actually look at and clearly see what the people at different distances actually look like; this kind of a telephoto shot is sort of a voyeuristic shot, and when the photo cannot deliver clear,sharp focus on a group of people, then the one,true sharp object (the woman with the pink-accented hat) simply MUST deliver quite a visual treat, or the photo fails. And in this case, the woman is small, she's not doing much, and the photo itself is not showing us any action,real or implied...it's simply a snap of some people walking along. I am not trying to be hurtful or mean, just trying to explain this as simply and directly as I can.

Pick one person, one sign, and nail the focus.

maybe she doesnt agree with the cause?

Most reactions

Back