More park...

Luminosity

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
A few more ...

CodyDuck1.jpg

Would've been nice if the other birds had , politely , moved out of the shot :lol: ....
I have a similar shot taken a little closer of Cody and the duck but I need to get it scanned in.

CodyMonkey1.jpg

Hey hey we're the monkees ....

cbottle1.jpg

#1 has content and a focal point accentuated from Cody's gaze, but the other birds clutter it. The background also detracts from the story line. The Low definition bothers me, too.

#2 has content, but the lack of definition distracts me.

#3 doesn't appeal to me in any way. I've been trying to learn abstract appreciation and I really feel that my inability to grasp it is my loss. Others seem to enjoy it very much and that makes me feel like a deft person trying to appreciate a concert.

Others seem to enjoy it very much and that makes me feel like a deft person trying to appreciate a concert.

A deft person can also be deaf, but a deaf person might struggle to enjoy a concert, that's true. :wink:

Keep studying what you call abstract, Rebel - this isn't abstract, but more an attempt at a little story. The point of it has to do with the lost bottle on an obvious playground (as shown by the addition of the slide and benches in the background), either dropped or forgotten during playtime. Lumi could have had more playground things in the background to help illustrate her story, true, but as she freely admits, Cody was wearing her out. :wink:

#3 causes a sense of loss, like a child has disappeard and the bottle is a clue...........kind of depressing. Also, never tell a child that god is crying because of something he did. Children have enough trouble building positive self images and self esteem without disparaging remarks.

terri said:
Keep studying what you call abstract, Rebel - this isn't abstract, but more an attempt at a little story. The point of it has to do with the lost bottle on an obvious playground (as shown by the addition of the slide and benches in the background), either dropped or forgotten during playtime. Lumi could have had more playground things in the background to help illustrate her story, true, but as she freely admits, Cody was wearing her out. :wink:
#3 causes a sense of loss, like a child has disappeard and the bottle is a clue...........kind of depressing. Also, never tell a child that god is crying because of something he did. Children have enough trouble building positive self images and self esteem without disparaging remarks.

Sometimes Art appreciation can be taught--I've just had a fine lesson. Thank you, ladies. With my eyes wide shut, I wasn't looking for the story. And stories are usually one of the first things I look for.
Thanks.

I love the 2nd one, great expression and mood in this photo.

I agree these are much better. He seems to have slowed down a bit by now and theres less blur :).

#1 good pose and focal point...I would pull in a little more myself but the shots great as is.
#2 nice shot but something about the shadows distract me.
#3 is realy great I love that kind of shot
great work!

-Zac

Thank you guys , for the helpful critique and encouragement ! :sillysmi:
I've been sitting here , just now , looking over them again & thinking of all the things I could've done better ...
Would've loved to have gotten in closer to Codes and the duck , with a shallower DOF ....alas , the duck was jittery ( what is it they say about workin with kids and animals.. ?! :LOL: )...
The 2nd one coulda been better with his hands in the shot I think ...
# 3 gave me the same impression ( when I looked at it after I got it processed ) of being sorta sad / a sense of loss and thats just fine ...if the photo invokes any sense of emotion then thats what I'm aiming for.
Gonna photograph his brother , Zane , in the next few weeks.
He's only 8 weeks old so THIS lil guy wont be flying around everywhere LOL !

deb said:
Also, never tell a child that god is crying because of something he did. Children have enough trouble building positive self images and self esteem without disparaging remarks.

I was a little surprised when I read your paragraph above , as my sig ( which you're referring to ) is only meant to be humourous ...not taken literally .....
ie. no child was harmed in the making of this attempted joke ..... ;)

If you knew me personally you would take for granted that I adore kids... (I'm the 'adult' you see at social gatherings that is hanging out with the kids as if she was an overgrown kid herself) ..
I would never deliberately upset or belittle a child.
I love giving their self esteem a boost and showing them that they are unique & incredible little human beings , in their own right.
I respect & appreciate your attitude to kids , its good to see ;).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back